3.16-Proposed

MOCKINGJAY PART 2

"THE WAR"

3.16

"Proposed"

—— IT'S OVER

—— IT'S OVER.

At least she thought it was. But Irene would like to think that her nightmares were over as she found herself tangled up in their sheets. Her back against Finnick's chest as he pulled her close in his sleep. Not a single clothing on their bare body, his body radiates warmth over her slightly cold skin as they slept soundlessly and peacefully.

It's September now. Days after they were rescued from the capitol, and although Irene didn't get to complete her hijacking, she could still remember the events from the arena, the mansion. She wanted to forget it all.

But she's safe now.

With him.

She may not be able to forget, but as long as she's with him, she's safe.

"What are you thinking?"

Irene shivered as the sound of his husky voice from waking up, reached her ears. His hot breath hit the back of her neck in the process. The blonde turned to face him. "You." She whispered. "Us... What happens next."

A dimple popped up as Finnick smiled at her and leaned down to place a kiss on the tip of her nose. "As long as I'm with you, I don't care what happens." He said.

She smiled at him and brought herself closer to him, burying her face in his chest. "Do you remember what we talked about? In the arena?" Irene hesitated. "About starting a family." He was quiet, and anxiety spiked up within her. She turned to her front and propped herself up on her elbows.

"Finnick?"

The man was staring at the ceiling unblinking, and for a moment she was worried.

"I think about it every day." Finnick answered her lastly. He turned to her, his eyes full of sadness and regret. He regretted every single moment he couldn't stand by her side while they were both hurting. "Did you know? That you were pregnant... before the game."

Irene shook her head.

"I didn't. That's probably why I felt sick during the game." She realized. Irene went back to laying down beside him. "I had a dream. Of us. We had a son named Neo." She felt Finnick's fingers brushing stroking her arm, creating trails of sparks as he listened. "We're living by the coast–"

"Not the countryside?" Finnick smirked.

"I found the coast to be more relaxing now." She blushed in embarrassment. "I was watching the waves when Neo came running towards me, asking for me to hide him as you chased him from the cottage. Then we watched him playing with sandcastles." Her voice began to crack. "I know it was just a dream, but... it all felt too real."