Chapter one

Blitz startles awake from a nightmare, his worst one yet.

He wakes up in a cold sweat, heavy breathing followed closely behind. He looks at his watch and realizes that it's only 4 A.M.

He slowly gets out of bed to grab a drink and notices how loud he is being. Now making an effort to not wake up his adopted daughter Lonna.

He checks his phone and sees that he has three unread text messages from Stolas.

He rolls his eyes as he sees the notifications not wanting to be bothered, but curiously he opens the texts wondering whether or not they are horny texts or friendly.

Blitz has made a game out of this.

He guesses which it will be and if he is right he doesn't answer the texts, but if he's wrong he has to reply...

He doesn't reply anyway until he has to. Stolas' texts were friendly which came as a surprise for Blitz because typically the messages sent to him from Stolas this late would be some sort of horny-filled message.

Stolas said "I can't wait for us to go watch that movie together"

"The one you promised me we'd watch after what happened at Ozzie's"

"And you said you were sorry you weren't there to protect me from the cowboy but it's quite alright I'm happy we get to spend this time together just let me know when you're free and I'll pick you up"

The messages seemed to make Blitz feel a weird feeling that he didn't quite understand, causing him to smile.

Maybe this is happiness he thought as he forgot why he was up.

Lonna walked into the kitchen and looked at Blitz wondering what he was doing up. Lonna looked back at her phone, grabbed a drink, and left not saying a word.

Blitz then remembered that he came for a drink as well and he grabbed a cup of water and returned to his room.

Both of them knew that they had work tomorrow morning unaware of how different the next day would be.