Chapter eleven

As Blitz and Stolas arrive back at his place Lonna is already inside, sitting on the couch. The dimly lit apartment with red tinted light coming in through the windows made it look cleaner than it actually was. Dust on the counters and some things scattered on the ground not much, but just enough for Stolas to notice.

Blitz says to Stolas "We still need to watch that movie that I promised, don't we?."

Stolas' eyes light up as he asks "Can I pick the movie Blitzy please!"

"No. Only because if you pick it then I know it's going to be some love movie or something." Blitz says demandingly.

"But Blitzy pleaseeeeee!" Stolas cries out in a pleading tone.

Lonna looks over at Blitz and Stolas in annoyance and says, "Just let the fucking owl pick the damn movie Blitz. It's not the end of the world! Plus I don't want to hear him cry himself to sleep because YOU didn't let him watch the movie he wanted when you said that you would watch with him a month ago. I think it's fair if he picks and you can suck it up."

"Damn Lonny, who asked you anyways?" Blitz says with a smile as he reluctantly agrees. After Stolas scrolls for what seems like a century. Stolas hits play as Blitz is coming back with popcorn and some drinks for the two of them.

Lonna leaves to her room and goes on her phone. Stolas and Blitz are now alone in the living room with the movie playing on the TV.

Blitz looks at Stolas as he pushes some things off the table. The items hitting the floor make a clattering noise as they hit the ground adding to the mess that is on the floor. Making room to put the popcorn down and the drinks on the sides of the bowl.

Stolas smiles at Blitz as he does this, his eyes locked on Blitz's as the movie begins to play. Stolas, aware of the abstract living conditions of that apartment are not what he is truly used to but he doesn't mind as long as he gets to spend time with one of the only people he truly cares for.

Blitz takes a seat next to Stolas unaware of the attention he is getting and the movie isn't.

Blitz abruptly remembers the danger he is in by having Stolas around the number of people that have been trying to hurt him... It's just a matter of time before someone comes looking for Stolas at his place because of how much time he spent at the hospital with him.

Blitz's fears of what would happen to Stolas and himself if they were caught shook him to his core.

The movie played on and finished as Stolas enjoyed it but Blitz was too caught up in his thoughts to pay much attention at all.

The popcorn bowl, barely touched. Their drinks, the same.

Stolas looks towards Blitz with a slight frown, now aware of the fact that Blitz was caught in his own thoughts. Stolas breaks the silence that filled the room. "So Blitzy, how'd you like the movie? You can pick the next one if you want to watch another one or we can do it some other time if you'd like?" Stolas says with a soft tone followed by a warm smile.

Blitz blankly staring at the TV, nothing being played. only the still image of the credits being seen. Blitz is still in his head about the realistic danger of the situation.

Stolas is seemingly oblivious to this. He has a true sense of security and safety when Blitz is around that no one else comes close to giving him. Unlike the protection he feels when he is guarded in his palace. Maybe it's because Blitz truly understands him? Possibly because Blitz doesn't have to protect him which makes it mean more to him?

The reasoning why doesn't truly matter to Stold but rather the fact that Blitz seemingly cares for him is enough to make him happy.

Stolas repeating himself says, "Did you enjoy the movie? We can watch another one but this time you can pick. We can do it later as well if you would prefer."

Blitz looks up at Stolas and says, "No one's gonna hurt you anymore, you're safe okay?" Blitz's face glowing slightly red, seemingly embarrassed at his comment.

Stolas looks at Blitz and lays down on the couch cuddling closer to Blitz as he says, "I know and i'm very grateful for your protection." Stolas says wholesomely with a smile as they both start to head to sleep.

Blitz and Stolas are now asleep on the couch. Lonna comes out of her room. The bright light from the TV illuminates the room in its entirety. Lonna turns the TV off after seeing Blitz and Stolas on the couch.

Seeing them both cuddled up next to each other makes Lonna cringe.

But she smiles as she takes a picture of them and sends it into the group chat of her Moxxie and Mille.

She also sends it to Octavia, Stolas' daughter, following up with a message saying "You can stop by whenever you'd like." Octavia goes to type as the ¨...¨ appear but disappear as fast as they've come.

Lonna sees a reply from Moxxie saying "Awwwww they're so cute together only if Blitz would be like this when he's not asleep."

Lonna turns her phone off as she goes to get water. She opens the fridge and gets a water bottle. She turns around and heads back to her room and closes the door behind her as she goes to sleep, careful not to make a sound so Blitz and Stolas don't wake up just yet.

As the morning arrives

Blitz and Stolas wake up at nearly the same time. Blitz looked at Stolas as he hadn't fully comprehended what situation he was in until a few seconds later.

As soon as he does he jolts up and falls onto the floor. Stolas looks down at Blitz with a smirk on his face. Blitz looked up at Stolas with embarrassment flooding his face. A smile slowly formed as well. They both start laughing as Blitz gets up.

Blitz dusts himself off as he says, "We're gonna go to my work today okay? I just don't want you to be alone at my place... for safety reasons not cuz I wanna keep you around me or anything like that you weirdo."

Stolas chuckles and smiles agreeing to go. Blitz gets Lonna up and brings her into the van with himself and Stolas. Stolas is in the passenger seat Lonna, in the back Blitz, driving to IMP. They're all ready for the day of work awaiting them.