Chapter nine

A few weeks have passed and Stolas' condition continues to get better as the days go on Blitz not leaving his side for a moment.

It seems this experience has made them closer together than ever before.

"You wouldn't have picked me would you?" Stolas asked

"I- I wasn't thinking about picking anyone I was just stalling so Lonny could get behind him and get him." Blitz replies.

" But if you had to pick you would have picked Moxxie and Mille right? I mean logically speaking it's two lives for one." Stolas remarked.

Blitz says "I don't know who I would have picked. Okay, so can we just not talk about it... Please?"

"Alright I'm sorry Blitzy I didn't mean to upset you I was just curious is all," Stolas claims.

As night fell upon Imp city Blitz fell asleep in the hospital chair next to Stolas' bed as he had done for the last few days of every week prior.

He drifted off to sleep as purring noises came from him. Stolas smiled as he fell asleep as well to be woken up by a panicked voice shaking him awake. "W-What time is it who are you?" Stolas asked. "It's me Blitz and it's uh 4:43 AM." "Why'd you wake me Blitzy and what are you doing up?" Stolas questioned.

"I had a nightmare that you died when I was asleep and I just had to make sure it was a nightmare, sorry Stolas," Blitz answered.

"It's quite alright dear I find it quite charming how much you are caring for me. I hope this attention doesn't change when they let me out of here tomorrow," Stolas responds.

A small grin forms on Blitz's face as he turns away from Stolas.

A big frown appeared on Stolas's face as Blitz left the room.

Once in the bathroom, he starts to cry and then punches the mirror shattering it into fragments.

Some being left in his hand. He pulls those pieces out and disposes of them before returning to Stolas' room and heading back to sleep.

This time in the hospital bed with Stolas. They both drift off to a peaceful sleep.