Flee

She never imagined Johnathan would betray them in this way

She never imagined Johnathan would betray them in this way. Did he leave us? Words echoed in her head. Sitting on the couch in the living room, she was crying like there was no tomorrow.

How he could do this? When she needed him the most. She was cursing Nathan when she noticed soft footsteps behind her.

"Mama! Mama! what happens? Why are you crying?" She turned around to see a beautiful, chubby face filled with confusion and concern. Megan stretched out her small arm and hugged her tightly.

"No Bubblegum, just some stupid adult thing," she assured her. She made her sit on her lap and began tickling her as she giggled loudly.

"I'm hungry, mama!" Megan informed her between giggles as she rubbed her small hand over her stomach.

"Okay, what do you want to eat?" Megan was confused by the question, so Olivia offered an omelette and toast, which she accepted enthusiastically by nodding her head.

Olivia dragged her feet into the kitchen and began cooking. She quickly prepared two plates as she called Megan for breakfast.

Megan took her seat at the table and ate breakfast."Where is Papa?" she asked Olivia as she finished her plate.

"Hmm...he will be around sometimes, baby," Olivia said, not trusting her own words. She had no idea, as she explained to Megan, that her father had abandoned them at a critical point in their lives. It would most certainly break her heart.

Megan went about her business after breakfast, but Olovia's caution remained focused on Marcus' threat and Jonathan's betrayal.

She wished for Nathan's return, but it never happened. It was evening and she was still waiting for him. She was not concerned for herself, but Megan's life was more important.

She could not take the risk. Soon evening turned into night, but still, there was no sign of Nathan. She checked her phone a thousand times, hoping to receive a massage, but was disappointed in the end.

At night.

They ate their dinner, but Megan's inquiry about her father continued. Olivia had no choice but to lie to her over and over. Finally, they go to bed, and Olivia, with great difficulty, can put Megan to sleep; however, she does not sleep for the entire night.

She was pacing back and forth in Megan's room, trying to come up with a solution as her mind went blank with each passing moment.

She was considering accepting Marcus' offer or negotiating with him to give Megan a good life.

All of this was causing her headaches. The following day, the story was the same. Regardless, she made a decision later that evening.

With trembling hands, she began dialling a number that would lead her to her death. She was shivering from cold sweat, and her body felt weak.

The phone was still ringing on the other end. Meanwhile, the front door to the house swung open, and someone entered.

She jumped in fear at the loud sound, and the phone fell from her hand, breaking into pieces.

She was taken aback when a figure entered the house unexpectedly. She dashed towards him and wrapped her legs around his waist. She began to kiss him all over his face, finally kissing him on the lips with passion.

"Johnathan! You idiot, where have you gone? You scared the shit out of me," she complained, unaware that tears were streaming from her eyes, turning her into a crying mess. Her cheeks welled up with tears, and her heart was filled with relief when she discovered him safe and sound.

"Papa! Papa! "Where did you go?" Megan ran up to him and hugged his right leg. Olivia climbed down from his waist, and he embraced both of them in a bone-crushing hug.

A moment later, he kissed their heads before releasing them.

"Okay, I will tell you everything, but first we need to pack our belongings and flee, so hurry up, we do not have much time," he informed them before climbing the stairs and turning toward their bedroom. Olivia and Megan trailed behind him.

"Go Bubblegum! Pack your essentials, as your father says," Olivia instructed Megan as they parted ways at the top of the stairs.

Olivia entered their room and saw him open the closet, grab a duffle bag, and begin filling it with clothes. She imitated his action and began stuffing it with her belongings. However, she could not contain her curiosity any longer and asked him again.

"Where did you go, Nathan?!" He sighed deeply and looked at her with defeat at her question. He pulled a 9mm handgun from his back pocket. Her mouth opened to catch a glimpse of it, but before she could inquire, he began explaining everything to her.

"I leave in search of some Hunters who can save us from Marcus, but they all refuse to assist me. Everyone repeats the same thing: he is powerful and dangerous. Finally, a kind hunter suggested a path; he advised me to contact The Alpha of the Crescent Moon pack, but it was far away and would take me a night to fly there," he sat on the bed and tightly gripped her hand while speaking.

"When I arrived there, I discovered it was difficult for a human to contact him. He is a lone wolf and does not like many people around him. After I pleaded with them for hours, they took me to him. He is undeniably more powerful than Marcus, and his aura exudes heavenly power, but he refuses to interfere in human affairs. It is against their council rules, especially since you are still his mate—" he looked towards the roof and sighed softly to adjust his emotions while his hands rested on his hips.

"Then he hands me a gun with silver bullets and tells me to flee as soon as possible with my family," he explained, as Olivia listened intently, trying not to miss anything. She felt guilty about doubting him while he was fighting for them. She zipped up the duffle bag and took their passports from the drawer.

She examined him carefully and discovered him exhausted, with bangs around his eyes indicating he had not slept last night.

"I am sorry, Lia, but I can not take your call; he is keeping an eye on us and probably tracing our calls to track us down, and I left my post from my workplace because I needed money for the next step; therefore, I took your spare bills and credit cards. I am sorry for not leaving any messages or notes due to a lack of time," he added, making her feel even more guilty about the situation.

"It is okay, Nathan; I think you...um... you.. left us," she confessed, not looking into his eyes and lowering her head in shame for not trusting him enough.