Price of freedom

Victor returned to his room and walked toward the bathroom

Victor returned to his room and walked toward the bathroom. He took a long shower. It had been years since he felt clean and healthy, and not a single worm crawled across his body, which piqued his interest.

Nonetheless, something important needed to be done. He did not want people in his new life who did not care about him even slightly.

After an hour, he got out of the shower and dressed in clean clothes. He opened a drawer in his closet and pulled out a blue velvet box.

He opened the box, revealing a stunning oval-shaped sapphire male ring set with small diamonds.

He stuffed the box in his pocket and dashed out of the closet. He found Peter standing next to his lifeless body, inspecting it.

"We should bury it somewhere in the sun, Peter," Victor informed him from behind to get his attention. Victor looked indifferent and cold as he stuffed his hand into his pocket.

His previous body has been with him for too long to be let go in that manner, but they need to show it some respect, so it is best if it vanishes with the sun's rays.

"Ye-yes, Master! I will find a good spot for it, and Elijah is waiting for you in the garden," Peter nodded, agreeing with his master's suggestion; he also came to inform his master of Elijah's presence.

"Asked Elijah to wait for me; there is an unfinished business. I need to do this; I should have done it a long time ago," he said as he walked out of the room. He pierced through the luxurious hallway and came to a halt in front of a magnificent double door.

He controlled his rage and refrained from storming into the room and brutally evicting the individual.

He decided to knock softly on the door. A few moments later, a stunning woman with red hair, pale skin, and green eyes opened the door. Her eyes widened as she discovered a beautiful man at her bedroom door.

"Who are you, handsome? What do you want? Hmm, you are quite the eye candy. Do you come all the way here...just for me? Who is so cruel as to turn a handsome man like you into a vampire? I must thank them hehe,"

Amanda chirped in a sweet voice, attempting to flirt with the handsome man who stood at her door with an indifferent expression.

She was even giggling, biting her lips, and revealing her cleavage while speaking. Lust shimmered in her eyes.

"Ohh! I apologize, my lady. Let me introduce myself. Hmm...my name is 'LORD VICTOR LAMBERT', and no one can turn me into a vampire; I am the first vampire ever cultivated. Does this sound familiar to you? And, yes, I came all the way here just for you, to call off our engagement," Victor responded with a sarcastic smile.

He pulled the velvet box from his pocket and tossed it at Amanda, who caught it in mid-air, dumbfounded.

Amanda's broad smile faded after hearing his words. She sniffed his aura to confirm her suspicions and was shocked to discover that they were correct. He smelled faintly like Victor as a result of his body change.