His Nightmares

Catherine was dangling in the air, but she did not care about her life at all

Catherine was dangling in the air, but she did not care about her life at all. She knew that he could not kill her, at least not right now, especially since the election for A.O.A position was over his head.

Nonetheless, the duel voice coming from him terrified her, and this was the moment she realized she had not only provoked Marcus but also challenged his wolf.

Marcus dragged her to a nearby wall in the same state. He was prepared to kill her and tightened his grip on her neck. Meanwhile, she started fighting for her life desperately.

To defend herself, she began kicking her legs in the air and fighting with her nails. She scratched Marcus's hand, which held her neck. Marcus finally relaxed his grip when her eyes rolled back and she was on the verge of passing out.

*Thud *cough * took a deep breath *Cough *Cough.

She fell to the ground in a nick of time, as he left her neck. She was panting heavily from a lack of oxygen. She was terrified by his madness and squatted on the floor, lightly patting her chest to inhale the air properly.

"Even if she is a whore, at least I want her....desire her, Cathy....but you...*chuckle...what about you, Cathy? Nobody wants to fuck you, even for free. Am I correct!" Marcus crouched down to the floor, level with her, and poured his mean words into her ears. His voice was dangerously low and full of sarcasm.

Her eyes welled up with unshed tears at his cruel joke. He was mocking the sacrifices she made for him without considering where they would lead her. He stood up on his heel and left her there.

With blurred vision, she noticed his retiring figure ascending the stairs. She used to love this man more than her soulmate. She was willing to do anything for him, and she did.

She immersed herself in these meaningless dinner parties and lost herself in a sea of strangers solely for him, but she was insufficient for him. She was never concerned about her son because 'He' needed his contracts and connections.

She was ecstatic when Marcus declared her as his chosen mate. She thought she was a winner to Olivia, but her happiness was only an illusion. She was leading the life of a widower.

He never touched her again after their mating ceremony, and as the mate of a powerful wolf and Luna of a prestigious pack, no one dared to approach her.

She was a loser, without a doubt. Standing on this status was a curse for her. She was well aware that the Alpha was fucking other women inside his office, but she did not mind them.

She knew those women were only temporary flings, but learning about Olivia rocked her world. Olivia was his soulmate and the only one he needed.

Marcus fled from the scene before his wolf became agitated and did something ominous. Thanks to his sanity, he worked quickly this time; otherwise, he would have killed Catherine right away.