Motherhood

Serena looked into his eyes, expecting an objection, but to her surprise, he nodded in agreement when he noticed a small body in her arms

"Let us first ask the Lord's permission, Goddess," the angel who stepped forward made a polite announcement. His eyes turned violet as his mind connected with his Lord.

"You are permitted, Goddess. Have a happy journey to the TREE OF LIFE," After a while, he informed her, but with an evil grin on his face. Serena knew what he meant, but she could not care less about his opinions.

"Thank you!" she stated sarcastically before rambling toward the entrance. There was a strong stone wall boundary around the wood because there were so many mysterious creatures lurking in it, always on the lookout for prey, the majority of which fed on the powers of Gods.

The wood entrance had a large double-door iron gate. Every creature that existed in the universe was carved into a miniature figure.

Three large and thick metal snakes were tied in a single knot around the gate handles, heads up and tails down. The middle snakes clasped the upper snake's tail, while the last one clasped the middle snake's tail in their mouth, forming a chain.

"OPEN THE GATE," Angel commanded in a booming voice. The metal snakes opened their mouths and began to crawl towards one side of the gate. Then Angel pushed and opened the gate. He gave her a mischievous smile, which she accepted with cold eyes.

She closed her eyes and stretched out one hand as she stepped into the woods through the iron gate. A shiny silver sword with the moon emblem appeared in her hand. The gate behind her closed and locked itself.

She balanced the small body in one arm and the sword in the other. She bravely waved the sword in the air, splattering blood all over herself as she skillfully cut a monster in half.

The wood was dark and maze-like, but she knew every turn and twist. Snakes and other reptiles crawled between her feet, but she was unconcerned about these amusing creatures.

She pierced through the woods, slaughtering monsters with her shining sword and carrying the grace of a Goddess. It was a magical sight to behold as she refused to let any monster touch the valuable gift in her arms.

Arriving at the TREE OF LIFE was not a difficult task; the greatest challenge was to keep the Lord's gift. The monsters could grab it in an instant and devour it like a small candy. As a result, the task was quite challenging.

After a while, she came to the shore of a magnificent lake. The lake, like the wood, was completely dark, and the only source of light was far from the shore.

In the centre of the large lake, a large tree was planted without support. It was made of gold. The leaves, trunks, and branches were all gold. It shone like a sun in the centre of the dark lake, full of power and heavenly atmosphere. It was the only source of light.

Serena's sword and gown were already blood-soaked, and she knew the most difficult part of her journey lay ahead: The Lake.

The lake was infested with leeches that sucked both blood and powers, which is why all of the Gods feared the Hill of Life. They could deplete their abilities, leaving them vulnerable to the deadly creatures. Furthermore, you were unable to demonstrate your excess power before the Lord.

To gain the Lord's favour, you must be humble, submit, and face each challenge with courage. If it was offended in any way, it would leave the lake and never return, so you had to be extremely cautious.

The lake was calm, like any other lake, until Goddess took her first step across the stable waters. The water rippled, attracting hundreds of leeches that flew at her and attacked.

She expertly wielded her sword and dispatched them with a single strike, but hundreds more emerged from the lake, and the cycle repeated.

Serena glided effortlessly across the water, removing thousands of leeches with each step towards the lake's centre.

She arrived at her destination exhausted and weak. Some leeches had attached themselves to her body and were sucking her power.

Her sword and clothing were blood-stained, and her skin was covered in scratches and wounds. She ripped the leeches off her body one by one as they swirled in the air, attempting to escape her grasp.

She took a few shaky steps toward the tree and cradled the small body in her arms.

"Oh! Lord of Life, the cause of all creation in this universe, I... Moon Goddess Serena, I bow my head in submission in front of you. Accept me and take me into your shade; grant me a wish, and I have a gift for you, my Lord. The pure heart of a child," she knelt beside the little body, spread her hands in the air, and called out in hushed tones, TREE OF LIFE. She darted toward the tree, hoping that her prayer would be answered.

"YOU IMPRESSED ME SERENA.....I'M PLEASED WITH YOUR PRESENT AND BRAVERY. I WILL GRANT YOU A WISH, ASK FOR ANYTHING!"

A loud and authoritative voice emerged from the tree of life. Serena's heart rate increased after hearing the Lord's words, and she smiled.

"Oh! My Lord blessed me with the most beautiful essence of life, Motherhood; fill my womb with life, that is the only wish I want to be granted," she exclaimed, rising from the ground and chirping in.

Her smile faded after she received no response. Only a long, awkward silence remained.

"MOTHERHOOD NOT AN EASY PERIOD, GODDESS. I WILL FILL YOUR WOMB WITH LIFE, BUT BEING A MOTHER MEANS ENDURING THE PAIN OF BIRTH. ARE YOU READY FOR IT? Huh? CONSIDER IT A WARNING IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND," the Lord broke the long silence and alerted her.

"YES, My Lord, I will be honoured!" she resolutely replied. She had waited centuries for this moment, and she was not going to back down just because of a minor physical pain.

"FINE, YOUR WISH IS GRANTED, GODDESS," the Lord said softly, appearing slightly irritated by her decision.

She stood near the little body, joined her hands, and closed her eyes in a submissive manner; within a few minutes, the little body began to scatter into fragments, which transformed into fireflies.

Serena's body began to absorb the fireflies, and everything around them spun rapidly. The sun transformed into the moon, and the moon back into the sun. Days turn into nights, and nights turn into days quickly.

Her abdomen began to swell with each passing minute. She leapt nine months in nine minutes because she was heavily pregnant and prepared to give birth at any time. The small body on the ground had now vanished into the air.

"YOU HAVE ONLY THIRTY SECONDS TO GET OUT OF HERE, SERENA," Lord's harsh voice broke through the silence once more.

She bowed her head and nodded in acceptance of the challenge, expressing gratitude to the Lord. She supported her large belly with one hand and took up her sword to resume her journey home. She smiled softly as she prepared to leave the woods.