I wish I'd have known

"Savannah, this is amazing. Thank you," he says, sitting me on his desk as he slides his hands up my thighs beneath my skirt.

"You're welcome," I say, but I stop kissing him and hold his tie in my hands. "I'm supposed to be here for a job, Lex."

"You are pleasing me and that's the most important job there is," he says as he reaches underneath my skirt again, pulling my hips against him, and relaxes between my legs.

As he starts kissing me again, I say, "I'm being serious. I need the money. I know you don't understand what it's like to be poor, but I really need this job."

He moves his hands from my backside to my face, his kissing becoming more passionate as he mumbles, "You'd be surprised.

"Oh, really?" I say, looking around his executive's office.

"I'll give you money, Savannah," he says and leans in to kiss around my neck, pulling me against him once more.

I pull away from him. "Lex, I'm not taking your money."

"You will if I don't give you the choice," he says, leaning me back on his desk.

"You are infuriating," I say and look up at him as he strips off his shirt. God, I love this man. Do I love him? Yes...

We kiss for a few moments and I feel his hands ascending my shirt. He presses the button on the phone to speak with Ms. Carter.

"Ms. Carter, hold my calls. I'll be in a meeting for a while."

"Of course, sir."

"Lex, in here?" I say and he shimmies off my skirt and starts lifting off my sweater.

"It's my office. I'm the boss. Fuck that. It's my whole fucking building. I own the whole goddamn thing. If I want to have sex in my office, I will."

"Okay. Goodness. No need to be so vulgar."

He begins kissing down the front of me, pausing at my breasts to unclasp my bra. He pulls my tights off and I'm lying on his desk in only my lacy thong. He moves to kiss my inner thighs before pulling my thong off with his teeth.

"If you only knew the things I want to do to you," he says, his attention remaining focused there for a few moments.

"Hmm... like what?" I say, inhaling at what he is doing to me.

"I can't tell you," he says, glancing up at me.

He looks at me and grins from where he's kissing my thighs.

"Why not?"

"Because you told me not to be vulgar."

I laugh. "Then show me," I say and reach my hands down, rubbing my fingers in his dark mane.

"Can I tell you something?"

He's leaning over me, and I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want to talk, so I shake my head and let him continue in his venture of pleasure. I pull him down onto me. He continues kissing me and we make love again. It's amazing. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was a freaking Greek God.  After a few moments, he reaches underneath me, holding my backside in his hand, gripping my body against him as he moves with such force that the items on his desk are now falling to the floor. I look into his eyes and know I made the right decision.

A few moments later, when he's dressing and I'm now sitting on his desk chair in his suit shirt in my thong, he walks around drinking whiskey and thinks about... I don't know. Whatever billionaires think about after having sex.

"You know, I'm gonna need my shirt eventually," he says, taking a drink of whiskey.

"I know," I say, reaching for his hand.

"Not that I don't enjoy seeing you sitting there like that," he says with a small smile. "Oh, What was it that you wanted to say?"

"What?"

"Before, I mean, I few minutes ago. You wanted to say something."

"Nothing. It doesn't matter."

"It does. It matters to me," he says as he slips his belt into the belt loops on his pants.

I stand to put my own clothes on as I say, "I was just going to say that you're my first."

"Your first what?"

"Um... the first person I've been with... you know, like sexually, and it means a lot to me. I just wanted you to know that."

He stops dressing and his head pops up, his eyes wide, and he exclaims, "Oh my god! Savannah, you're telling me you haven't been with a man before me?!"

"That's right. Just you."

He starts pacing the room, rubbing his hands in his hair, thinking, and I feel very nervous, like maybe he's angry at me. "Why didn't you say something?! I didn't even ask... I mean, we... the things we... Savannah! I wish I would've known!"

"I'm sorry."

He walks over to me, cups my face in his hands, and kisses my forehead, holding my head against his chest, with his arms firmly wrapped around me.

"Had I known, it would've been so different for you. I'm the one who is sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I would've said something if I thought it was important."

"Why were you... I mean, what were you waiting for?"

I look away from him, feeling shy and embarrassed like maybe I've done something wrong, and I say, "The right person."

"I just... it's just that's not something people do anymore."

"I do. I wanted the right man to give myself to."

He holds my face in his hands again and says, "And you think that's me?"

"I don't know, maybe. You have the potential to be."

He continues to hold my face in his hands, looking at me in a way that no one has before, as though he's trying to see into my soul.

"Please sign the contract."

I don't have the opportunity to answer because the secretary buzzes in.

"Mr. Holt, you have a call on line three, says it's urgent."

"I told you to hold all my calls!"

"Sorry, sir. She said it's urgent."

"Who is she?"

"Naomi Pierce."

"Let me make myself clear. Naomi Pierce is never urgent. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

I laugh and kiss him and say, "You didn't have to yell at her."

"I wasn't. She's used to me."