The Party and the Contract

"We should probably get ready," Alexander says as we lay on the bed next to each other. I wonder what he's thinking as I process my first time having sex and the fact it was with a very handsome billionaire. My life has changed drastically over the past 48 hours.

I stand and walk to the closet to see the dress he bought for me to wear to the party.

"Hey," he says. "Thanks for being here."

I glance back at him. "You're welcome. Thanks for inviting me."

He stands and stretches. "I'm gonna take a shower." 

I watch him walk to the shower because why not? Yum.

Inside the closet is the most gorgeous ballgown. It's a one-shoulder black and navy ombre and is covered in gemstones. 

"I wonder if he picked this out because this is gorgeous."

I take it off the hanger and unzip it, noticing the price tag is still on it. I roll my eyes. "Men."

I flip it over and realize this dress cost $2900! I roll my eyes again. "Must be nice to have that kind of money to spend on a dress."

After taking off that tag, I slip into it and wonder how he knows my size, then I shrug it off and figure he has a long list of women and just guessed. I step in front of the mirror and realize I look amazing in this expensive designer dress. 

"This is what money looks like."

 I walk into the bathroom to fix my hair, I run my curling iron through my hair and brush my teeth, and Alexander steps out of the shower with a towel around his waist.

"You look amazing," he says.

"Not as good as you do. Now go get dressed before you make me ruin my pretty dress," I say with a slap on his butt.

He chuckles and plants a few kisses on the curve of my neck before walking into the bedroom.

I finish my makeup and slip into my heels before I walk in and see him looking like freaking James Bond in the suit he's wearing. Yum.

"Wow," I say and run my fingers through his dark hair. "Why are you so perfect?"

"I'm really not. You just haven't seen my flaws yet."

I kiss him and we walk out of the room to the party.

***

 Alexander's family and friends are all in the party room when we walk in, and it feels like dozens of people flock to him. I know not actually, but it feels like it. I feel very out of place and he can tell when I squeeze his hand. He places his arm around my waist, pulling me against his side.

"Xander! Get over here and give your old Granny a hug!"

He tightens his grip around me and leans close to my ear. "This is my Grandma. Don't worry too much about her."

Despite what he says, I feel very nervous to meet his family. 

"Hi Granny," he says with a kiss to her cheek. It makes me smile.

"Who is this lovely thing on your arm, Xander?" she asks.

"Um, Granny, this is my girlfriend, Savannah. Savannah, this is my granny."

"Lovely to meet you," I say.

"Honey, I'm the least of your worries in this family," she says. Alexander rolls his eyes with a sigh, making me wonder what she means.