A new dress

"Savannah," Jenna says, walking to my fitting room with another dress. "What about this one?"

I open the door and peek my head around to see the dress. It's a one-shoulder floor-length silver satin gown with diamond beading across the back straps.  

"It's pretty, but..."

"But what?" Jenna says. "Try it on." She hands it to me. 

I take the dress and close the fitting room door, slipping it over my head. When I step out and in front of the mirrors, she says, "That's it. That's the one!"

Bending to read the tag, I say, "Jenna, it's $9,378!"

"So? Alexander gave you his card, right?"

"Yes."

"Then it's not a problem. Take it off and we'll find you some shoes."

I roll my eyes but return to the fitting room, unzip the dress, and take it off. When I get back to the fitting room with the dress, Jenna says, "Alexander texted you," and she hands me my phone. 

"What did he say?" I ask, juggling the dress and my purse, as we browse the aisle for shoes.

"Beats me. I didn't check. I only saw his name pop up on the screen."

I open my phone to check my texts. 

"What did he want?" Jenna asks as I hand the sales lady the dress and shoes

"He wants us to come by the office."

"Um, no. You can sail that boat alone. Drop me off at my apartment first."

"Why?"

"That'll be $10, 113. 78," the sales lady says. I hand her Alexander's card and when she runs it, she says, "This isn't your name. I'm gonna have to check with my manager since it's such a large amount."

I roll my eyes and say, "You can just call him. Alexander Holt owns half the city of Manhattan."

She holds up her finger and walks away. I sigh and say to Jenna, "Why don't you want to come with me?"

"I don't know. I just feel like maybe you should go have lunch with your sweetie alone."

The store manager comes up and says, "I need to verify the cardholder."

"I told the other lady to just call Alexander."

"Ma'am, I'm aware of who Alexander Holt is. Why do you have his card?"

Jenna gets mouthy now and says, "Because she's marrying him, you dumb bitch, that's why. If you want the 10grand, you'll shut up and take the card."

"Let me make a call," the manager says and picks up the phone, punching in numbers.

"Manhattan...uh...Holt tower...Hi, I need to speak with Alexander Holt...I'm the manager at a store called Just In and I need to verify the woman trying to use his card...yes...I see...thank you."

Without another word, she runs the card for the sale and says, "Ma'am, would you like to open a revolving account here?"

Smirking at Jenna, I say, "No. I would not."

Trying to redeem herself, the manager says, "Ma'am, I'm very sorry for the delay and I truly hope you consider shopping with us in the future."

I roll my eyes and take the bag, whispering to Jenna on my way out, "They always fall all over me when they realize I'm really who I say I am and I have almost unlimited money at my disposal."

Jenna laughs and says, "Girl, and you aren't sure about marrying this man. I wouldn't be able to marry him fast enough. I'd be running to that altar!"

Once we leave the store, we get in my car and head to Alexander's office, but Jenna doesn't want to go, so I drop her off by her apartment on the way. 

"See you later," I say.

"Bye, girl. let me know when you want to go dress shopping again."

"I will."

"Hey," she says as she closes her door. I roll down the window. "Sign the contract."

I nod and watch her walk into her building before pulling into traffic.