50 - 2: Taste Test

Lucas didn't just threaten her through his words. He took a step forward and Athanasia whimpered, and quickly backed away, almost leaving the kitchen. Standing by the border between halls, Athanasia shouted.

"I will run through the front door and leave this place if you come any closer!"

"Which is better?" He asked, his voice registered low, but he did stop in one place. "Get buried in the snow or have my face buried between your legs?"

Athanasia's mouth parted, eyes widened. "Why are you like this?!" She yelled across the room, face flushing red. "Where is your shame?!"

"What shame? Don't act like we haven't fucked," he heaved his brow as he retorted back. No hint of embarrassment as if he had just spoken about something so casual.

But Athanasia swore his unfiltered language made her squirm.

Lucas laughed at how she shifted around restlessly. He added, "You're seducing me more than you should right now. How am I supposed to hold myself back?"

"What the hell!? I am not doing anything!"

"You're in my hoodie."

"It's cold, you idiot!"

"Strange," he mumbled and his smirk lingered, "You look so hot with that hoodie though. Is this why I've been feeling hot and bothered? Because you turned me on that bad?"

Despite blushing at the compliment, Athanasia glared at her boyfriend. "You're antagonizing me every day!!"

"You like it."

"I do not!"

"I will stop antagonizing you if you stop lying."

"I am not Lying!"

"Sure. Whatever. I'll let you run free in the ranch until I'm done cooking."

"What am I?? Livestock??"

"No. You're mine. From the very beginning. From head to toe."

This wasn't the first time she heard him say these words. But how did it sound so possessive yet his smile was genuine, contrasting with his voice?

She wondered as she stuttered to even make out a word and she accidentally bit her own tongue in the process. Lucas snickered, seeing the tears swelling in her eyes. 

"You're the same as ever! Still an insensitive bastard!"

"What do you want me to do? Kiss you to make you feel better?" He opened his arms, his fingers flickering, gesturing her to come to him. "Come. I'll Make you Feel better."

"I'm not stupid!"

"Could have fooled me."

Athanasia growled. Her eyes scanned the room and landed on a fresh fruit basket by the counter. She rushed over and grabbed an apple. 

"I can't believe I'm dating you!" 

She threw the fruit and him and Lucas caught it in his palm, perfectly timed. He juggled the apple from his left hand to his right coolly.

"I can't believe how lucky you're too. You must have felt so proud to date a handsome guy like me."

"As if! You're even worse than when you were in Arlanta! No— I think it's because you're fully recovered, you have the energy to babble nonsense nonstop!"

"On that note, wanna Test my recovering energy to its max capacity? I'll show you how far I've recovered."

Lucas never expected an answer to begin. With the apple in his palm, he held her gaze. He bit into it without breaking the eye contact. The crispness of the apple echoed in the room. It was one ripe fruit that the juice flowed and dripped to the corner of his lips, to his jaw, and down the apron that was protecting his shirt. Slowly and languorously he licked the juice off his lips, making a show of it only for her. The tip of his tongue lingered on the edge of his mouth.