11: Unfinished Business

"Alright. Let's go back," said Lucas after putting the brand-new phone and the rest of the wires in his pocket. He didn't even bother taking any of the boxes with him. Then he took out his bike key instead, twirling the key in his finger.

"Are you kidding me? We just got here!"

"And I got the phone? That's why we are here in the first place?"

"Why don't we get you something to try on?!" She exclaimed excitedly and dragged his arm to the nearby accessory shop.

Athanasia took a pair of reading glasses from the display shelf, trying to put it on for her boyfriend, but Lucas leaned away, protesting.

"I'm not blind, Athy. I don't need this garbage."

"Hey! Don't say something like that in front of their shop!"

"I don't need any glasses!"

"I just wanna know what you look like with glasses! Come here!"

"Put it on Whitey. It fits him better."

"Alright then. I will just buy this for him," said Athanasia as she walked to the counter.

"I don't know why you are still using this card against me."

She heard his irritated voice and suddenly the glasses got snatched from her hands.

As she turned around, she saw a grumpy man pouting with annoyance. She would have laughed, but then she decided to take a few steps back further and took a concentrating look at him.

He definitely looked like a nerd with those thin-frame glasses. But what kind of a nerd was he that with this simplicity of a look could not make her tear her eyes off of him?

"You just want to see me look stupid with these glasses, don't you?" he asked, raising his brow slightly before slowly taking off the glasses, but she grabbed his hand.

"You..."

"What?"

"...actually look... Really good with them..."

"...Really?" He asked, with a hint of blush on his cheeks.

She nodded slowly. Without any more words, he quickly ran to the bill counter so he could take ownership of the glasses. He made it back to her as quickly as the transaction was completed, showing off the bag of the product he got.

"I just wanted you to try them on, you know. You didn't have to buy them."

"Yeah? But you said I looked good with them."

"You look cute."

"Wha?! What?! Cute?!"

He swiftly took the glasses off.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't want to look cute!"

"You are cute with or without the glasses," she said as she laughed then helped him put the glasses in the case. Tapping him on the cheek with her palm playfully, she added, "Especially with your mochi cheeks."

He flicked her on the forehead slightly but that didn't stop her from laughing. "You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Of course, I am. I haven't been able to step outside this freely for so long!"

She threw her arms into the air and then swirled happily, making Lucas smile.

"Well... Good to know then. We should do this more often."

"We should. If I don't have any more work. Talking about work, I think I have to-"

"Athy, stop it. You know I don't like it when you bring work topic up," he said, slightly fuming which abruptly killed her laughter. So, he quickly changed the topic as well and asked, "Wh-Where else do you wanna go?"