[Revelation]: A Sincere Apology

Athanasia's POV

There were times that he called me stupid and other names, but at least I knew he didn't mean what he said.

But this one... Hurt.

To make matter worse, that idiot just walked out of the house like that.

What the heck is wrong with him?

I was still desperately trying to smear this Stupid tears off my face with the back of my hands.

The temperature was dropping. Too cold for me. My feet especially because I ran outside barefoot for that insensitive bastard who just left me like that.

I stepped inside and gave the door a hard slam. I felt the sadness leave me and my insides began to boil.

I became aware of my shaking at that point. Was it the cold, or was I just furious?

I took a few deep breaths. My lips were trembling.

"We don't need him..." I told Raven, ignoring my chest's persistent stinging ache. "We were fine without him before! We will be fine now!"

The louder my voice got, the more it hurt. I wanted to scream. Too much pain was shooting through my insides.

Maybe I should go find Lily...

My godmother used to be my confidante, and she would always have solutions for me. But circumstances had changed. I was not the same pampered kid I used to be, and Lily had her own family to worry about.

I was in charge of Obelia Company, and all I was doing was moping around because of this dumb romance?

I... should be working instead! I need to...! Work...! My emails...! My paperwork...! Yes! I'll focus on them instead. I won't need to care about You anymore!

Once more, the ache in my chest awoke me, but I chose to ignore it.

I...!

Raven licked my arm. I was stooping down in the hallway, grasping the sides of my head pitifully, and I did not realize it until I was trying to find him.

I felt like crying again.

Why am I like this?

I raised my head, chin up, hoping that these tears would not well up or at least not flow out. I gathered up all the papers that were scattered around the floor after wiping away all of these tears. The fact that they were not filthy was encouraging. The important files were in the folders too so there was nothing much to worry about.

I snatched everything up right away. I was not going to hang out by those stairs any longer than necessary.

I could not resist taking a quick peek at the kitchen as I made my way to the living room, where my laptop was.

It was a habit.

I had to take the stairs to go to the changing room, which was how everything began. Our kitchen was on our left. I would always peek over to watch him cook when I came back from the office on time for dinner.

Sometimes I would sneak over and try to scare him. It worked only once and later on, he could sniff me right out when I stepped inside the kitchen.

The more he told me to go change and get ready for dinner, the more I wanted to stay around and mess with him.

Whether misplacing the cooking utensil or stealing cooking ingredients or even smacking him for no absolutely reason—or I just wanted to piss him off, I would always find my way to poke some fun out of him knowing that I would always get away with it.