6: Handle With Cares

"Have you ever been out of your Palace, Your Highness?" Lucas asked, eyeing the objects inside the room.

It was an enormous bedroom that was enough to fit a desk and a set of sofas beside it. Two giant bookshelves were stacked. He made a mental note to check them out later if he could find something interesting. Then he remembered she told him she was under house arrest, so she must have worked from her room. Still...

"By the way, this room is almost as big as my old house in Arlanta," Lucas commented. "Rich."

She folded her arms and glared at him. "Save your sarcasm, Sir Magician."

"No really. It's a big ass bedroom," he repeated, "Rich."

"...Thanks?"

"Anyhow, yes or no?"

"Huh?"

"Ever been out of your...," He tapped his finger on the mattress, tilting his head slightly, "What do rich people call their houses? Villa? Mansion?"

"Stop throwing shade at me, will you? And yes. I do leave my House."

"To where?"

"To school? Shopping? Hanging out with my classmates?"

"Shopping, Hanging out," He snorted, "By yourself?"

"Well, technically... Before living in Arlanta, Felix drove me around and... Stayed by my side."

"Thought so. Rich people like you have nothing to do with the street."

"Hey! Stop with the classist discrimination! I mean it!" She slightly raised her voice, clearly infuriated.

Lucas blinked before sitting up and throwing his arms in the air, "Alright, alright, sheeesh."

"And for my defense, I was and still am eager to roam around Obelia by myself too! I want to experience the joy of the festive events on the street! The people! The book fairs! But No. My dad is too strict!" She huffed, calming herself down and clearing her voice, "So why that question?"

"Because it's not always rainbow and sunshine as you said it was. So His Excellency has every right to be strict," he said as he picked his ear.

"You are not supposed to agree with him?"

"Then what am I supposed to do? Sneak you out?"

She went quiet for quite some time before her eyes lit up.

"Athy... I know that face... No... Don't say it-"

"Oh, Lucas, the greatest-"

"I said No."

"You took me places before! Come on!"

She slightly kicked his leg and he gave her a 'Do that again and I'm gonna sue you for domestic violence' look.

"Athy..."

And she really did it again. Even harder this time.

His growl mixed with her shriek as she was swept off her bed with a quick light kick.

"Did you just kick me off my own bed?!" She yelled as she climbed back.

"Gender equality."

"You insensitive bastard!"

With that look on her face, she was ready to pounce on him, but Lucas was not even close to being intimidated by the lioness.

"Haven't heard you call me that for a while," he murmured as he dropped onto her bed and rolled to the other side, "Goodnight, Princess."