21: Operation Rescue Dawn

Pushing himself up on his feet, Lucas roared as he sprinted forward and the masked man took his stance. Lucas speared his shoulder into the opposition's stomach, through the glass window. The sound of shattered glass pierced one's ears and as well as shred through the layers of the two's clothes.

Lay atop his opponent, the person below Lucas reached to his belt and reached out for the handgun as much as Lucas could feel the adrenaline of fear rushing through him he let his instinct lead his muscle memory into breaking the wrist of his attacker in a swift motion, leaving him in a muffling scream of pain.

"Sir, Lucas! Apology! We couldn't get to you."

"EMP. I know," Lucas quickly got up on his feet, eyes averted for the target. "We don't know what was the reason for this attack, but we can't stay here. Seize the initiative and prepare for evacuation"

A trickle of water ran down the side of his head and Lucas assumed with was just sweat. His head was too occupied to care nor did he feel anything, so he would just literally brush it off with the sleeve of his shirt before taking off the jacket completely, leaving only the white shirt on. Rolling up his sleeves, Lucas, then undo the first two buttons of his shirt, and loosened the tie but never planned on taking it off completely.

"But where is Lady Athanasia?"

"Found her..."

Every heavy step close enough to leave an invisible dent on the tile helped push Lucas further and closer to his objective.

He had no intention of waging war quietly. Lucas' thunderous footsteps were fast approached and the abductors turned their faces only to be greeted with an impact far greater than what they could imagine. What froze them in one place was the bloodthirst that was clearly shown in the red eyes.

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER!!"

Lucas dashed forward. In one quick motion, one of the two flew to the nearest pool, leaving Athanasia slummed down on the floor. Lucas pinned the other one to the mulched golden ground and gorged on his throat.

He would grasp on Lucas' arm, to help with the body weight and gravity and he would try to use his legs, kicking and thrashing so Lucas would let go. Despite the guy's effort and as much as it stung, Lucas held fast and the guy's watery eyes stared up at Lucas in horror as he felt like his life was dripping away from suffocation.

He felt a gentle grip on his shoulder and Lucas whipped around; his eyes were still red and sticky as if it was matted with blood.

In the midst of chaos, screams and sirens still rang in the air, he felt like he could only focus on her silence. He watched how she flinched away slightly, arms braced herself, full on guard.

It was the same expression she had when she found him in a wounded state back in Arlanta, in his house where she only wished to help; he almost broke her wrist in return.

She was clearly frightened, from his point of view. He thought she must have been disturbed at how easily he seemed to have lost himself.

Lucas exhaled, releasing the killer instinct from his chest before it devoured his soul entirely, and shuddered. He felt his breath burn within his chest. Even across the width of the ravine, he embraced his self-control until it powered the furnace heat beneath his skin.

Just like a bucket of water splashed onto the bonfire, the bloodthirst was gone and he inhaled as much air as would fill his lungs. Though his hunger was unrelenting, Lucas stopped himself before removing his hand from his prey's neck. There he would let go of the proof of his inhuman anger, hidden in the darkness beneath his skin.