25: One Last Dance, My Love?

Even though she knew he may hate her for what she had done, this was the only way that he would leave this vessel alone. The corruption of the Black Magic harmed, and twisted his personality, leading him to this obsession. Even if words were not going to be exchanged anymore between them, she finally put a stop to his madness.

Her golden hair glittered, skin shone as she chanted her magic silently for the departure of her soul to the final resting place.

"Your... Highness..."

Her eyes shot open when she took notice of his voice again. This time, it was her turn to let out a choked cry when his hand reached out toward her face.

"Your Highness... Are you... Are you still..."

She nodded, and a droplet of tears fell on his face, "Yes... Lucas... Yes, I'm still here... I'm still here, my love... I'm still here..."

"Good... I'm glad... Because I... I was scared that... When I opened my eyes, you would leave again..."

Guilt swallowed her whole and she felt every pulse of pain throbbing in her heart. She reached down and kissed him again on the lips. Exhaustion hit and she could only press her face on his chest, crying silently.

"What with the frown, Your Highness... Why are you crying... Are you in pain?"

She shook, "I... I'm just... Happy... To see you again..."

Her body shook as his chest rumbled slightly with a rare muffling chuckle. He raised his hand and put it on top of her head.

"He will have his body back... Once I'm gone... By sunrise," he said weakly and Athanasia lifted her head up. He gently dried her tears with his thumb as he cradled her face. "So, please... Your Highness... Stay with me... At least... Until the sunrise..."

"I really wish I could... But I won't last until then..."

It was her turn now to gently dab the newly developed tears on his face as much as she could.

"But... Without you... I... am lost... Where do I go, Your Highness... Where do I go... What do I do from now..."

Silent fell and Lucas waited in hushed anticipation, ready and desperately willing to listen. Thousands of emotions flooded his saddening face and for most, he was terrified.

So she kissed away his fear and said, "I think I have an idea..."

She stirred in his arms. Unhurriedly, he let her go, but not far beyond his touch as he sat up. Seated in front of each other, she grasped both of his hands and he quickly held hers tightly and eagerly. The smile on her face was giving him hope, that she must have found a way.

"Do you still... Feel any pain?" She asked and he shook his head.

"He... seemed to stop fighting..."

"That's a relief."

"What... About you?"

"I have just enough time but not that generous... So, Follow me..."

She pulled him up along with her, leading to the wardrobe and pulling out any type of fit outerwear she could find and giving it to him.

He blinked, blinking away the droplet of tears that came to a slight pause.

"Stop trying to seduce me and put it on," she said but he kept staring at her. "Okay... I'm just kidding. It's just that we won't feel the cold because we are just two lost souls in borrowed vessels, but... They do... And we don't want them to get sick..."

She placed the shirt on his waiting hands, but he continued to stare at the fabric silently. Then she realized, he didn't know how to put it on.

Her lips gaped slightly, wanting to tease him, but she decided not to.