Chapter - 7

" Yibo dear , I told you I can do this . " Mrs Xiao said .

Wang Yibo didn't answer. He was just doing his task silently.

They both were in kitchen as Mrs Xiao wanted to make dinner for his son and son in law. But Yibo insisted to help her as she didn't want him in kitchen and Mrs Xiao was now trying to make stubborn Yibo leave.

Mrs Xiao sighed helplessly and spoke.

" Still so stubborn."

Xiao Zhan who saw the scene laughed loudly.

" Aren't you enjoying too much , Zhan ? " Mrs Xiao glared at his son.

" Ofcourse I am . It don't happen everyday that you accept defeat , mom ."Xiao Zhan said . He was sitting on the dinning table watching the show.

" Well against Yibo's stubbornness no one can win." Mrs Xiao said smiling.

" He is still as stubborn as he was in childhood." Mrs Xiao said glancing at Yibo.

Xiao Zhan ears perked up hearing word 'childhood'. He remembered his mom telling him that he met Yibo as a child but he didn't remember anything.

" What do you mean , mom ?" Xiao Zhan asked curiously.

" Nothing. Go and do your work . Don't disturb us." Mrs Xiao said.

" Mommmm"

Mrs Xiao ignored Zhan's whines. Xiao Zhan pouted and reluctantly stood up to leave.

***

After a while dinner was set on the table. The family had dinner peacefully. Xiao Zhan did the dishes . Yibo wanted to help but Mrs Xiao stop him. After that they resigned to their rooms.Mrs Xiao was going to stay with them for a night. They live in same city but Zhan's parents' house was very far from his house so his mother couldn't go back.

Mrs Xiao was in the guest room. She left early to give Zhan and Yibo alone moment. Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan was sitting in living room.

" Umm... Yibo... You can... sleep in room today. You know umm.... Mom .. is here." Xiao Zhan said nervously. He himself didn't know why he was nervous.

Wang Yibo looked at Zhan's face. He could understand Zhan's concern.

" Ok " Yibo said.

" O..ok " Zhan said.

Xiao Zhan glanced at Yibo's face . He couldn't see anything unusual. Yibo was calm as water of lake. Was he the only one who feel things ?

" It's late . I think we should sleep. " Zhan said and stood up.

Yibo also stood up and follow Zhan. Xiao Zhan get on bed without glancing at Yibo and took his position. Wang Yibo slowly moved to the other side. He also get on bed under the quilt. Xiao Zhan off the lights.

They both were turning their backs to each other.

' What's wrong with me ? We are just sleeping. He is your husband. You have also befriended with him. '

' Didn't you say you want to give it a chance ? So take it as next step , Zhan. '

Xiao Zhan mind was spinning with lots of thoughts. He turned his face to Yibo. He could sense the thin figure beside him . There was a lot of gap between them.

' Has he already slept ?' Xiao Zhan thought.

" Yibo " Zhan said softly but enough to hear that Yibo could hear if he was awake.

Wang Yibo didn't respond.

" He must be tired . He didn't even rest in the day." Xiao Zhan mumbled.

' You don't ask anything , say anything . Just answer the questions. Do you really expect nothing from me ? Why are you like this ? And why am I so curious when you don't seem to be ? You are so hard to read.' Xiao Zhan thought.