chapter - 25

Zhan came out of shop and saw Yibo standing like he was a painting. He forgot to breath for a second.

" What did she say ?" Yibo asked when he noticed Zhan.

" She...." Zhan stopped and a mischievous Idea came in his mind.

" What ? " Yibo said frowning.

" You know elderly people. You sure you want to know ?"

Yibo took almost five minutes to understand Zhan's meaning. His face turned red like tomato and he immediately turned around.

" I don't want. " Yibo said.

" Are you not curious anymore ?" Zhan teased.

" No " Yibo said And walked away from there.

Zhan laughed. He liked Yibo teasing so much.

" Grandma told me you used to come here for work when you were 14. " Zhan said.

Yibo's steps became slow hearing this.

" Hm "

" Why you started working ? "

" I just want to." Yibo said .

Yibo glanced at Yibo from sideways. His face was expressionless but somehow Zhan felt there was more.

After that they collected things from different shops.  Yibo tried to pay but they didn't allow him . So in the end the couple didn't pay.

When they go home. It was evening time.  All the friends had left. Yibo and Zhan placed the cake. Yibo gave bouquet to his dad. After cutting cake, Zhan and Yibo gave their gift. Mr Wang was very happy. Yibo finally smiled in his home. Zhan drink a little with his father in law. When Zhan went to room he saw Yibo sleeping. After tucking him , he took a shower. He felt thirsty so he went downstairs to get water.

When Zhan was going back he saw Mrs Wang sitting in living room.

" Mom, why aren't you sleeping ? "Zhan said.

" Oh Zhan , I'm not sleepy."

" Why are haven't slept ? "

" I came to bring water. What is this ?" Zhan asked pointing at Mr Wang's hand.

" It's a photo album. Wanna see ?"

Zhan nodded and sat beside her.

" Is this Yibo ? " Zhan asked pointing at picture of a baby of 3 years.

" Hm "

" My mom was right, Yibo was chubby "

" Yeah he was but now look at him."

"Can you recognise him ? "  Mrs Wang pointing a little boy older than Yibo.

" It's me. We are looking like best buddies." Zhan said seeing the photo. In this Zhan was hugging Yibo from sideways.

" You were. Yibo used to play with you all day and you too didn't let anyone to take Yibo away from you, not even to your mom."

" You used to say that he is yours and you won't give him to anyone." Mrs Wang chucked.

Zhan felt embarassed. He didn't remember that he was this possessive.

" Here, I told Yibo that you are going school and he cried so hard that we won't able to handle him. Then you hold him in your arms and rocked him to sleep. That day you didn't go school."

Zhan remembered a similar scenario but not from childhood but when Yibo cried and he hold him in lap like a baby.

Zhan chuckled thinking that they still had a subconscious connection even they didn't remember.