𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩.

My body perched up at the pool bar, the sun sinking into my burnt back, the water splashing against the wall ahead

My body perched up at the pool bar, the sun sinking into my burnt back, the water splashing against the wall ahead. I haven't spoken to anyone but Tanya since earlier, I don't want to deal with it right now. I'd always defend my friends even if they were in the wrong, it's what 'friends' do, or so I thought. What really pisses me off is that Freya believed bill over me. I get it, she likes georg and doesn't want to fall out with anyone but I'm supposed to be her friend, she didn't have to do that. I thought that bill kissed me because he started to understand me, I guess I was wrong again. I don't know what he's doing but it's just cruel, if he doesn't like me then why kiss me? Why constantly tease me?

"Here you go ma'am" a tall waiter smiled, sliding over my drink.

My eyes peered down to the circled rim glass, sugar coated at the top. The shades of orange and yellow seeping into each other, the straw twirling on its own as a breeze passed by. I immediately wrapped my lips around it, the coldness refreshing for once. The sweet taste of pineapple and vodka swirled around my tongue, the slush like texture causing my teeth to hurt. My eyes propped up when I noticed a shadow form behind me, the sun being blocked.

"Can I sit?" Beth asked, her fingers tapping on my shoulder.

"yeah" I shrugged, turning my chair slightly.

"I heard what happened but I'm totally on your side. I know you, your not the type of person to pry at someone" she smiled.

"thanks at least you believe me." I sighed, passing her the sticky menu.

"Doesn't Freya?" She questioned.

"No, she just stared at me with that look on her face. Sophia was too busy staring at Tom to notice what was going on" I frowned.

"I'd expect Sophia to act like that but not Freya, why would she believe bill over you?" She huffed, waving the waiter over.

"Because she doesn't want to fall out with georg." I mumbled.

"I'll have a strawberry daiquiri please" Beth winked, eyeing up the waiter.

He nodded, taking the menu from her hands before leaving us alone for a moment.

"Why don't you get his number?" She added, a wide grin on her face.

"Beth!" I chuckled.

"What? I can see him looking you up and down" she hummed, motioning over to him.

My gaze moved back to him, his light green eyes scanning over my features. His tanned veiny hands gripped around the silver bottle, his long brown hair swaying.

" y/n, you know I love you girl but bill isn't the guy for you. He's playing games, just try something new for once" she pouted, shaking my hand.

"fine" I responded, a slight grin on my face.

The tall waiter came back over to us, sliding Beth her drink.

"Can my friend get your number?" Beth blurted out.

"Of course, I wouldn't deny a beautiful woman like you" he smiled, his eyes still on me.

My face heated up as he grabbed a pen, writing on a small piece of paper. I've never been one for making the first move, mostly fear of rejection but we're on holiday so might as well.

I took a hold of the small paper, sliding it into my bikini top.

"Asher" he whispered.

"I'll text you" I winked, sliding back into the water.

Beth squealed behind me, the water splashing up my back as we walked back over to the sun beds. Tanya rolled down her sun glasses, her eyes staring right at me.

"Well look at you" she snickered.

"What?" I laughed.

"Getting that waiters number? I see you" she joked, sipping on her drink.

I let out a small laugh before sitting down on my sun bed, noticing bill hunched over his chair, his sun glasses on his head now. His dark eyes fell onto me, his jaw tense as he watched me pull out the waiters number. Maybe tonight I'll have a plus one at the club.

𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟓𝐩𝐦
I slid my finger over the silk dress draped over my tanned body, the dress hugging my curves perfectly, my face slightly brighter than normal. I feel better than I did earlier, Beth helped with that. She's never normally that nice but it meant a lot to me, she's the only one who came up to me personally. Still no word from Freya and Sophia though.

My eyes flashed down to my flip phone, seeing Ashers name pop up.

                                              𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟔
"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟔
"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞"
𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟕
"𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥?"

𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟕
"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝"
𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟕
"𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠?"

                                                                                                        20:47
  "𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮"

𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟖
"𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲. 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐱"

𝟐𝟎:𝟒𝟖
"𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐚 𝐱"

I closed my phone, throwing it into my small silk bag. I shot one last glance at myself in the mirror before heading out, seeing bill applying his black eyeshadow. Ever since I got Asher's number he's been non stop staring at me, it's starting to creep me out. I owe it to myself to try something new, instead of being caught up on bill.

"So is that floosey coming?" Bill snickered.

"His name is Asher and yes he is actually" I grinned, patting down my dress.

"Asher? What a name" bill laughed, getting up.

"awe are you jealous?" I pouted.

"Why would I be? All it takes is one word and you'd come straight back to me" he shrugged, grabbing his leather jacket.

"As if" I frowned.

"I guess we'll see what happens tonight darling" he hummed.

"Yeah you'll be sitting on your own" I scoffed.

"Or with you on my lap" he smiled smugly.

My jaw tensed up as he brushed past me, opening the door which let in a cold breeze. I won't let him ruin this for me. I can't..