𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲.

Bill's grip on my thigh tightened, causing me to jump slightly, the constant sound of chewing sending me insane

Bill's grip on my thigh tightened, causing me to jump slightly, the constant sound of chewing sending me insane. My lips stayed glued together, my eyes facing the hard floor.

"Where's Freya?" Beth asked, twirling her fork.

"Getting dressed" Georg shrugged, ripping up his croissant.

"I'm going to grab some lunch" I muttered, sliding the chair backwards.

I quickly left the scene, my hands reaching for a slightly warm plate, thankful for the fresh air. My eyes grazed over the selections, not wanting a huge meal yet. I knew I shouldn't of kissed Georg but it felt right in the moment, now I've just stooped to bills level. I can't tell if my stomach hurts from being hungry or the anxiety, the pain is so consuming. It's still hard to accept the fact that Freya betrayed me, I just don't understand why. We've been so close and now it's like we don't even know each other, which hurts. I've never trusted someone as much as her, I was stupid to let my guard down.

I gently shook the ketchup bottle before squeezing some out, my chips needing moisture. I shot a glance at the packed table, my hands shaking as I stepped closer, eyes turning to me. I plopped down in my seat, sipping on the glass of Coca Cola, the bubbles burning my throat.

"So are you two still together?" Georg asked.

"of course we are." Bill frowned.

"Not for long" Georg muttered, his voice low.

I shot a glare at him, his brows furrowing in response. I could feel the tension between them, a wave of anger washing over me.

-𝟏𝟓:𝟐𝟓𝐩𝐦-
The hot sun glared down at us, my shoulders burning from lack of sun screen. The ice cream van catching my attention, my stomach rumbling.

"do you want one?" Bill chuckled, peering down at me.

"Kind of" I hummed.

He snickered slightly before pulling out some cash, placing it in my clammy hands, a smile appearing on my face. I immediately made my way to the van, my mouth already watering from the sweet smell.

"I can't do it anymore!" Freya yelled, her voice muffled.

"You need to." Another voice whispered.

"It's not fair, you're using me to hurt her." Freya tutted.

"Give me one more day and then I'll tell her" a woman scowled, my eyebrows raising.

My eyes searched around, hoping to catch them but not finding any luck, instead bumping into a small child. Who was Freya speaking to? And what were they talking about? She's hid enough secrets lately, I'll find out sooner or later.

"Miss?" A man nudged.

"oh sorry" I sighed, gazing up at the small menu.

"I'll have strawberry shortcake please" I smiled, placing a €5 note on the counter.

He nodded before starting up the ice cream machine, his colleague crushing up cookies behind him. I turned my gaze behind me, searching for Freya. That conversation seems important, it's given me a weird feeling. I wonder what she's up to now, she'll probably try to seduce Tom next. My eyes fell onto a stressed Beth, her face scrunched up. She's the only one I trust right now, she's been major supportive this whole time. Sophia hasn't been around that much, she's mostly drooling over Tom. We've never been that close but it would be nice to see her once in a while, I guess she's in love.

A light tapping sound caught my attention, my eyes turning to the impatient man, the ice cream in his hands. I shot him a warm smile as I took it from him, earning some change in the other hand. I headed back over to bill, pushing the euros into his pocket. The strawberry taste flooding into my mouth, my eyes closing automatically. Freya's voice lingered behind me, her lips wrapped around a cigarette.

"I'll be back" I huffed, losing bills grasp.

I stumbled over to Freya, her low eyes falling onto me.

"Have you got anything to say?" I frowned.

"What?" She sighed, smoke leaving her parted lips.

"Just tell me the truth." I scowled.

"I can't." She whispered, her gaze leaving mine.

"I can't believe you. How could you possibly want to hurt me? What did I do?" I pouted, my ice cream melting.

"y/n." She huffed.

"No. You were supposed to be my friend, real friends don't do what you did. I mean you don't even-" her outburst interrupted me, her eyes wide.

"Just stop!!" She screamed.

Her face suddenly dropped, her eyes glossing over. She quickly ran away, her loud sniffles echoing back to me. How can she cry? She's the one who did this. My jaw tensed up as I walked back to the group, my lips covered with strawberry ice cream.

"We should all come down to the beach tomorrow" Beth suggested, her body swaying.

"Good idea" Tanya winked, leading us all.

Bill's arm snaked around my waist, Georg shooting a look back at us, my mouth wrapped around the cold ice cream. Our next stop soon came up, a small run down beach shop, seashells propped out in front. I trailed behind Beth, my eyes searching around the blue shop. I noticed a small hickey on her neck, my eyebrows raising.

"What did you two get up to?" I taunted.

"Oh, nothing much" she laughed, turning over a stone turtle.

"Mhmm" I dragged, peaking down at the small bracelets.

I picked up a blue and white one, admiring the small charm hanging off of it.

"I can't believe you're still with him." She huffed.

"It's complicated" I tutted, looking up at her.

"You need to leave him, he's not good for you." She sighed, patting my back.

"I love him." I murmured.

Her eyes scanned down my body, her lips pushed together. I know everyone is thinking the same thing but I don't want to leave him. He can be sweet when he wants to be, I've seen it. People don't know him like I do, it's his brother who puts the pressure on him. He's a good person deep down. I know it..