𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

-09:32am-
I stared at my blood stained nails, the bags under my eyes only growing from the insomnia, bill fast asleep next to me. I wonder if the rest of the group even know yet, they'll be devastated when they find out. I don't know where this leaves my band, Beth betrayed me, Freya's dead and Sophia is too busy drooling over Tom. I still see her face in mind, every time I close my eyes I see hers, still full of fear. I hope the police find something that leads to bill but I won't bet on it, he's tactical.

My feet hit the cold marble floor, heading over to the small kettle opposite me. I poured a bottle of water into it, the coldness splashing up into my drained face, flicking it on with a light click. Movement from the bed could be heard, bill starting to stir.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, his voice hoarse.

"What does it look like I'm doing." I scoffed.

"Watch your mouth." He growled, sitting up.

I rolled my eyes, dropping a tea bag into the small cup, tipping in a drop of sugar. Bill soon got up, wrapping his killer hands around my waist, his head falling onto my shoulder.

"We're leaving today" he hummed.

"when" I huffed, cupping the hot glass.

"Our flight is at seven" he smiled.

"Do the others know?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"How am I supposed to know?" He shrugged, walking past me.

I pushed up my lips, watching him throw on a shirt before heading into the bathroom. I took a sip from my tea, placing it down as I opened my wardrobe. My eyes fell down to the bottom, remembering the way Freya shook underneath me. I clenched my jaw, pulling out a one piece jumpsuit, quickly slamming the doors.

I ripped off my stained dress, dumping it onto the bitter floor before getting changed. I pulled at my face in the vanity mirror, dragging my fingers through my messy hair.

"Where are you going?" Bill questioned, standing in the doorway.

"To see Sophia." I frowned, pushing on my shoes.

"I'll come, don't want you running away" he joked.

I headed to the door, bill grabbing my arm.

"Don't even think about telling them the truth." He spoke, sternly.

"Like I'd do that." I muttered, pushing his hand away.

I tugged at the door, setting my eyes on the elevator, bloody footprints still engraved into the carpet below. I rushed inside, bill standing next to me, his eyes burning a hole into my neck. I moved my gaze to the glossy floor, the moppy scent making me hurl.

Once we'd arrived at their room I knocked on quietly, not knowing if they'd be awake. A sleepy Tom came to the door, rubbing his eyes.

"What?" He yawned.

"We need to speak to Sophia" I sighed, walking in.

My eyes set on a tired Sophia, confusion written on her face.

"Did you hear what happened?" I asked, sitting below her feet.

"No?" She hummed, raising her eyebrow.

"basically someone broke into my room, they attacked Freya and Lauren." Bill shrugged, pulling out a cigarette.

"What?? Is she okay?" Sophia asked, her eyes wide.

I hung my head low, biting at my red lips. A sudden loud gasp left her mouth, her cries following. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, the tears falling onto my collarbones, her hands shaking.

"w-who would do that to her?! She didn't do anything wrong" she cried, her face drenched.

"I don't know." I mumbled, sheepishly.

"We're going home today, are you coming?" I asked, stroking her soft hair.

"Of course I am. What are we supposed to do now?." She pouted.

I shrugged, honestly not knowing what to say. If I were to tell the truth I'd get myself killed and who knows who else? I already got Freya murdered, I'll never forgive myself. Although Lauren ruined my life she didn't deserve that, the way her body was butchered still makes me gag. Everything is so different now, where do I go from here?

-18:45pm-
I plopped down into a plastic seat, Sophia laying her head onto my shoulder. The half empty airport creating a lonely environment, bill laughing with Tom in the distance. Georg shot a smile at me, sitting down. The rest of the group decided to stay and try help the police but I know it's no use.

"How are you two feeling?" Georg asked, tilting his head.

"How do you think?" I huffed.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say." He sighed, swinging a small plastic bag.

Gustav soon joined us, his messy blonde hair swaying as he jogged over.

"You'll never guess who's a suspect" Gustav gasped, holding his chest.

My head peered up, my eyes turning to bill.

"Go on" Georg stammered.

"Remember Asher?" Gustav hummed, kneeling down.

"He didn't do this." I scowled.

"Apparently his fingerprints were found on the knife" he shrugged, shaking his head.

"I knew there was something off about him" Georg tutted.

My brows furrowed, wanting to scream in their faces. I knew bill would do something like this, he's just ruined Asher's life and for what? I regret ever meeting him, if I could take it back I would. He's destroying everything, everyone.

Georg nudged my shoulder, our plane number being called out. I wrapped my arm around Sophia, her eyes still swollen from crying, the sound of heavy footsteps following behind us. I showed my passport to the woman, the doors opening to the large plane.

I helped Sophia up the stairs, her knees barely taking her weight, carrying her bag on my shoulder. I led her to the assigned seat before going to my own, shoving our bags into the overhead bin. I slouched down in my seat, bill hopping in next to me, the lingering smell of cheap cigarettes.

"I can't wait for you to move in with me" he grinned, placing his hand onto my thigh.

"Who said I was moving in?" I groaned.

"Me. Don't start." He whispered, his eyebrows raised..