Chapter 48: No.Mercy

"Do you think YG found out about #Gun sleeping at my dorm?" I whispered to Donghyuk as we walked to YG's office. "I hope not." Donghyuk whispered back. We got to YG's office and he was sitting behind his desk as usual. But this time he had a smile on his face. "There is my beautiful couple. You guys did great yesterday. The public loves you guys and they would like to see more of your friendship with #Gun. So today instead of practice you two will be going to the finale of No.Mercy and show your support for #Gun. Recording starts in an hour so a driver will be taking you two now." OMG! I get to see #Gun! Yay!

We left right away and arrived 40 minutes before recording started. There were a lot of people outside waiting to get in. And as soon as we got out of the car many fans started rushing at us. They started taking pics and asking for autographs. We couldn't get in because of all the crowd so security guys had to come and get the fans to step aside. Once inside we were led backstage. Then once the recording started we will be seated in a VIP area.

Donghyuk was talking to some of the trainees. So I went around and asked for #Gun and one of the stylists told me he was getting his hair done so I went over to the area where they get their hair done. I found #Gun sitting in one of the chairs. He had his eyes closed as he was getting his hair dryed. I quickly got behind him and hugged him. #Gun quickly opened his eyes and turned around. "Oh hey! What are you doing here?" He asked. "YG told me and Donghyuk to come so we could support you." "So you didn't come because you wanted to but because you were forced to?" #Gun frowned. "Of course I wanted to come! But I would had needed to get YG's permission. I'm actually missing practice right now." "Well I'm glad your here. You make me feel less nervous. But where is Donghyuk?" "He is talking to some of the trainees right now." "Oh okay. So where will you be seated during recording?" "I'll be in the VIP area. That's in the front near the judges." "Okay. Well I guess I'll be looking in that direction during my whole performance. Just think of it as me dedicating my rap to you." "Aww. That's sweet. But you have to look in other directions too or otherwise people will notice that your staring at me." "Nah. They'll just think I'm looking at the judges. So will you be cheering for me?" "Of course! I just need a sign though...Are there any posters and markers around here?" "Yeah. There is some in the supply closet." "Okay. Well I'll go make you your sign now while you finish getting ready. So make sure to look out for my sign. I'll make it big. Good luck!" "Okay. Thanks." He smiled.

I left to the supplies closet and looked for the biggest poster. Then I looked for some markers. The poster was white while the markers were red and black. I wrote #Gun's name in big letters and drew a big heart. The poster looked simple though so I looked for some glitter and put some on the poster. Much better now. It came out looking good.

Once I was done with the poster I went to go look for Donghyuk. There was only 10 more minutes left before recording started. I found Donghyuk hanging out with the judges backstage. I greeted all the judges and then we left to go take our seats. I held my sign up the whole time. And I could tell #Gun was looking at me. He had a bright smile on his face the whole time. The guys had been divided in three groups of three. The first ones to perform were Jooheon, IM, and Hyungwon. Then it was Wonho, Kihyun, and Seokwon. And lastly it was #Gun, Shownu, and Minhyuk. They also all did a performance together at the end. The song was called No Exit. I really liked it. My favorite part was #Gun's rap. Now it was time for the fans in the audience to vote. They had to go out where there were 9 boxes on the table. And they each put their votes in for the 7 that they liked the most. I didn't really like this voting system though. It wasn't fair to the international fans or to the fans that couldn't make it. When it came time for the revealing of the results the fans were asked to leave. Recording continued though. They just didn't want the fans in there since the finale wouldn't air till next week. And so only the judges and a few idols that had gone to watch stayed, including me and Donghyuk. What they did was call out the guys one by one. The ones that made it would be called up. I kept on getting more and more nervous as they kept calling out more guys but didn't call out #Gun. Then it came down to the last three. #Gun, Minhyuk, and Seokwon were left. Only one of them will make it into the group. The seconds passed and it felt like an eternity. I could tell #Gun was very nervous. Then it happened, they announced the last member. It was Minhyuk. #Gun and Seokwon were out. I started feeling tears roll down my cheeks. Donghyuk turned to me and gave me a tissue. I wiped the tears but they couldn't stop coming out of my eyes. #Gun and Seokwon got off the stage and left backstage. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to go to #Gun and hug him. He needed me right now and I needed him too. I quickly got up my seat and ran backstage. I looked for #Gun and found him sitting next to Seokwon. He wasn't crying but I could tell that he was holding back his tears. I quickly wiped my tears and went to him and hugged him. I have to be strong for him. "What will happen to you and the guys that didn't make it?" I asked. "I don't know yet. Some of them might stay as trainees at Starship and some of them might go be trainees someplace else. But I don't really see much chances of Starship debuting another boygroup anytime soon. They might debut a new girlgroup but not another boygroup. At least not anytime soon. And what's worse is that I'm getting old. As more time passes there is less chances of me debuting." "Well if you don't think Starship will debut another boygroup soon then maybe you should go someplace else. I'm sure you'll make it anywhere. But don't worry about it being too late for you. Your barely gonna turn 21. But look at me, I'll be 23 soon and I just became a trainee this year. At least you have trained for more time than me. Your more prepared to debut." "Well where do you think I should audition for?" "I would tell you YG but YG won't be debuting any more boygroups. Not even I will get to debut in YG. YG's artist line up is already full. But Epik High is starting up their own label, it's called High Ground. You should audition for them. It will be a Hip Hop label so you will totally fit in. And I think it would suit you better than Starship. YG and Tablo even told me that I could possibly be their first artist. So then we could be in the same label and be able to see eachother everyday! Don't you think that will be great?!" "I guess it would be great to work at the same label as you and be able to see eachother everyday. That would make me very happy. So I'll audition for them." "Great. And you'll be on SMTM so you'll probably also be scouted on there." "I heard you'll also be on SMTM. So maybe you'll be scouted as well." "Nah. Everyone already knows I'm in YG so I doubt anyone would scout me." "You want to go to the SMTM auditions together this weekend?" "Sure! And I heard that people can audition in pairs. So maybe we should audition as a pair. You want to?" "Yeah. Let's do that. And we can even practice together this week. That would give us an excuse to be able to see eachother. You think you can ask YG if he'll let you audition with me?" "Yeah. I'll ask him. And I'll let you know what he saids." "Okay. Cool. Well I gotta go now. They told me they were gonna interview me and Seokwon and it seems that Seokwon is already done with his interview. So see you later." "Byeee." #Gun waved and left.

I went back to Donghyuk and we went back to YG. Even though we missed out on dance practice today we still had to do vocal lessons.