Chapter 49

Hey guys, 

This is only a quick update and it was also rushed because I won't be able to write anything all week so I thought I'd update quickly. I will try to write an update for my other fanfic 'double walker' too, but I'm not sure if I will be able to.

All the same, thank's for reading, voting and commenting, I love hearing what you all think about the fic xx

Chapter 49

Not meaning to sound smug here, but I can't help but feel proud. I have managed to take Kimberley out on our first date, albeit with a few mishaps, and now our relationship has finally moved up to the next level. I couldn't be happier.

Honestly I am unable to believe how lucky I am. Following the career I have always wanted, that abusive man is out of my life, the love of my life is lying naked in my arms, our limbs tangled together.

And to think that less than a year ago, I was questioning whether my life was really worth living.

Yet here I am, happier than I have ever been in my life.

She stirs in my arms, stretching a little and snuggling closer to me. I can't help but smile down at her in awe as I think back to last night.

*****

Kimberley's POV

She's awake, I know she is, I can tell by her breathing. I can also feel her eyes on me.

She knows I don't like her watching me while I sleep, but this time it isn't bothering me as much, because I don't feel the slightest bit self conscious. And all of my confidence has returned thanks to her, thanks to the way she treats me, the way she speaks to me and look at me. I feel secure about myself, especially when I am in her arms.

My eyes flutter open, only to be met by her brown glossy orbs.

'Morning' I smile.

'Hey' she beams, moving forward to kiss my lips.

'Watching me sleep again were you?' I challenge, raising my eyebrow with a stern look.

'Erm...' she pauses, either debating whether to tell the truth, or trying to think of an elaborate lie.

I can't uphold my serious expression when I see her eyes widen in worry, thinking she has pissed me off. When I smirk and start to chuckle, she looks at me with a confused frown, her brow furrowed.

'Chill out chez' I chuckle, rolling onto my back and out of her embrace a little.

'I thought you didn't like me watching you?' she asks, confused as to why I don't seem that arsed.

'Well if you knew, why did you still do it?'

'Erm...' she tries to think of an excuse again, before she sits up and looks down at me, 'hang on, if you're not arsed, why am I trying to defend myself?!'

Now I am the one squirming under pressure.

'And why are you challenging me about it?' she questions further, until I chuckle again.

'I was just wondering how you'd react. I found it quite funny the way you panicked for a second.'

'Oh I see...' she mutters, shuffling further over to her side of the bed and making to get out, 'use me, fcuk me, then laugh at me...'

I quickly sit up and wrap my arms around her waist. Pulling her back as she sits up and she falls into me in a fit of giggles.

'Ah' she squeals as we fall back onto the mattress, 'Kim what are you-'

I start to tickle her and she ends up screaming.

'No, Kimberley! I need a wee!... I swear to god I'm gunna pee! Please!'

I quickly release her and she scrambles over me, off the bed, and sprints into the en suite. Leaving me lay in bed giggling to myself.

'You think I can't hear you laughing?!' she snaps from the toilet, but I can tell she is suppressing her own laughter at the same time, as I can tell she is at least smiling as she speaks.

After a minute or two, I hear the toilet flush, the tap run, and then silence. Until she emerges, in her naked form, and strolls back over to the bed, swaying her hips as she does so.

'Any ways, why don't you mind me watching you sleep anymore?' she asks as she climbs back over me, 'as opposed to the times when you used to storm off in a strop.'

I shrug in reply, as she lies against me, partly on top of me. She smiles up at me, her eyes glistening, but I can't hold her gaze. This makes her frown as she sits up a little, propped up on her elbows.

'Kimba?' she pouts, her brow furrowed.

'It just doesn't bother me that much anymore.' I shrug again, still avoiding her eyes.

'But something must have happened to change that, right?' she pushes.

'...yeah' I hesitate, blushing as I admit, 'You...'

'Me?' her brow furrows again, 'What do you mean me? How have I changed?'

'No, you haven't changed, but you changed the way I felt about myself' I meet her eyes again now, a small smile playing now, blushing slightly at my confession. 'You made me feel comfortable with myself again, for the first time in years.'

She shuffles up the bed and wraps her arms around me again, kissing my temple.

'Your adorable' she smiles as she nuzzling into my hair, but I sit up and look back at her.

'I'm serious chez. The only reason I am any better is because of the way you have made me feel. The way you have treated me, cared for me, and the way you would talk to me when I was feeling rough or guilty.' She is smiling up at me now, eyes glimmering with tears, but I continue tearing up myself, 'I know this is insanely cheesy, but you made me feel loved... and like I am worth something'

She sits up when she hears my voice tremble, taking me into her arms once more.

'Good. I'm glad I made you feel loved. I'm glad you feel like you are worth something.' she moves back, stroking my hair away from my face, before cupping my face in her hands, 'Because believe me Kimba, you are worth everything, especially to me.'

I smile, blushing again as she slowly moved in, kissing my cheek, my other cheek, then my lips.

'I love you, and I promise to spend the rest of our relationship, proving how much you mean to me... and I'm hoping that that means the rest of my life' she winks cheekily.

'Of course it does' I giggle, kissing her again and she falls back onto the bed, pulling me with her so I am now on top of her.

'Round two?' she smirks into the kiss.

'I think we've gone way more than two rounds now chez, after last night.'