Chapter 72

Hey guys!
It's somehow been a year since I've updated 😱 No idea how that happened. But I've been struggling to write for this fic, so I'm not sure whether to end the fic or do a time jump to get the story moving again. Please let me know what you think.
As always, thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting!! I hope you enjoy xx
*****

Chapter 72

Authors POV

The guests are all filing into the church, being greeted by Justin and Richie, who are handing out the order of services, with the help of Billy, who Justin is holding. Joe is sat on the front row, holding Alfie, chatting to Adam and Gary, who are each waiting for their sisters to emerge.

The church is an old sandstone brick building on top of a cliff overlooking the beach. At the back of the church, there is a room on either side of the altar. It is because of these rooms that this church was chosen. They didn't know how to decide who should walk up the aisle, and they didn't think it would be right to do it together. This way they can walk from either side of the altar and meet in the middle.

In one room, Cheryl is with her mam, Nicola and Nadine, whilst Kimberley is in the other with Sarah, and her sisters.

'Feeling nervous babes?' Nadine asks as she steps back from the bride.

Joan is sat in a chair beside the door, whilst Nicola moves behind Cheryl to make sure her veil is fitted securely.

'A little' Cheryl breathes, smoothing down the front of her dress, 'I just want the ceremony to be over. That's all I'm nervous about'

'The ceremony's only half an hour of your life' Joan reminds her.

'Yeah, it's the rest of your lives after that' Nicola winks as she moves around to her front, checking over her work.

Across the church, almost the exact same conversation is being had.

'15 minutes girls' Sarah speaks, 'Nerves kicking in yet?'

'They kicked in when I woke up this morning' Kimberley chuckles, her voice shaking a little, 'I'm surprised I've made it this far'

'Good nerves though, right?' Sally confirms with a look of concern.

'Kind of' Kimberley pouts thoughtfully, 'I'm not nervous about getting married. Just standing in front of all those people. And what if something goes wrong?'

'You know all of those people. And nothing will go wrong' Amy calms her sister, a look of concentration on her face as she climbs under her dress to fasten Kimberley's shoe for her. 'And if anything does go wrong, it's up to the bridesmaids to sort it out.'

'Thanks girls' Kimberley smiles as the girls all nod in agreement and Amy helps her up.

'We're gunna swap around now. Nic and Nads want to see you in your dress before the ceremony and we want to see Chez' Sarah advises as they all head for the back door.

'Then we'll head straight to the front of the church' Sally adds.

'And get this wedding started!' Amy chants, pumping her first in the air, bouquet included, as they disappear outside.

To get to the other room, without walking into the actually church in front of the procession, they have to go outside and around the back of the church.

'This church is extremely unconventional' Sarah groans, squinting through the blistering heat.

'I don't think it was made with the idea of bridesmaids sneaking around in mind' Amy chuckles, holding her bouquet up to block the sun from her face.