Chapter 23

Chapter 23

After half an hour, I manage to calm myself down a little and reach for my phone to text Sarah.

Cheryl has your car, can you go around when you can.

I start to curl up again, until I hear my phone buzz on the floor.

Sure, I’ll get Tommy to take me now, is everything okay?

Could you just check on her, please?

Her reply is quick again, possibly quicker.

Of course babe, I’ll come around to see you when I’ve been there okay?

I don’t reply to that, I just tuck my knees under my chin, tears continuously pouring from my eyes.

“I’m not doing anything Kimberley... You did it yourself” her words are still on repeat in my head “We’re over Kim. You disgust me”

You disgust me... You disgust me.

I cry harder at the last part. Not only has she accused me of cheating on her, again! But she finds me fcuking revolting.

Having had enough, I stand up, wiping my eyes and grabbing my phone to type a quick reply to Sarah.

No Saz, it’s fine, I’m okay. Don’t come around, I’m just going to watch a film or something.

I send the text and go upstairs for my laptop.

If that’s what you want babe

Yeah, just let me know how Cheryl is. Thanks Sarah, I owe you one.

I turn my phone off once the message has sent and turn my attention to my laptop. This shouldn’t take long; I already know what I’m looking for.

When the webpage is loaded, the things I am looking for are staring me right in the face. I smile at how straight forward this was as I click add to basket on multiple items, hoping this will help solve some of my problems.

*****

Cheryl’s P.O.V

‘Cheryl?’ I hear a familiar voice shouting through the letterbox.

‘I know you’re in there, I can see my car. Now open the door.’

Sighing to myself, I know she isn’t going to leave until I answer.

I pull myself up off the sofa, where I have been lay, lightly sobbing, since I got home almost an hour ago. I quickly wipe my eyes with the back of my hand and check my reflection in the mirror.

I look god awful but I don’t have time to sort that out now, there’s an impatient Harding about to break my door down.

I open the door and give her my most convincing smile. But I guess it fails, judging by Sarah’s reaction.

‘Jesus Christ you look like sh!t’

I sigh and step aside as she walks in, my fake smile falling from my face.

‘How did you know to come here Sarah?’

‘Three guesses’ she replies sarcastically.

I sigh and walk into the living room, Sarah following.

‘What has she told you?’ I ask while sitting down, though I don’t really think I’m in the mood for it.

‘She hasn’t told me anything, she just said my car is here and to check that you are okay’ she shrugs.