Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cheryls P.O.V

We arrive at Kimberley's house a few minutes later, grabbing the bags and making our way into the living room. All sitting down, Nic sitting on the chair, Me and Kim on one sofa, while Sarah is spread out on the sofa with her legs over Nadine's lap. I break the small silence after a few minutes.

'Thanks for today girls; I can't even believe you did all that for me.' I smiled gratefully at each of them.

'Your family chez, we weren't gunna leave you.' Nadine says.

'Yeah it's bad enough that none of us noticed for two years' Nic says solemnly.

'Anyway, it was all down to Kimbers, she pretty much came up with the plan' Sarah lifts her hands up and starts counting steps on her fingers, 'climbing over the gate, finding a way in, how we could distract Ashley... Oh and stopping me from going around on my own while they went the hospital. I would have gone and probably-'

'Wait, sorry what? Hospital?' I looked up at Kimberley confused, she was avoiding my eyes, 'why where yous going to the hospital?' she didn't answer, instead Nadine spoke up

'Well, we came back for my bag and the door was wide open and Kimberley was unconscious on the floor. When we woke her up she acknowledged us, but then... she just kind of zoned out again, her eyes rolling to the back of her head and she could barely stand up properly.' I was listening to Nadine but watching Kimberley become more awkward as Nadine went into more detail.

'You were that bad and you didn't go to hospital?' she looked at me now, only for a split second

'We needed to find you, make sure you were okay' she shrugged, fiddling with her hands on her lap.

'So you could have had concussion, but you came to help me instead?' she just nodded. I just stared at her for a few seconds; I could tell she felt uncomfortably under my gaze, but I couldn't help but watch her.

'It's pretty late, I think we better get going' Nads says while checking the time on her phone.

'You girls can stay if you want' Kim offers.

Sarah goes to agree, when Nicola cuts her off

'No it's fine. I'm going round Charlie's anyway.' She says smiling at us, then turning and widening her eyes at Sarah, while Nadine nudged her, 'come on girls, I'll drop yous off' I look at Nicola, confused by her tone, like she's dropping an obvious hint to someone who just isn't clicking on. Is it just me that isn't clicking on? Sarah's confused expression soon clears up and is replaced with an understanding look; Kimberley is rolling her eyes, while Nadine is trying to hide the smirk on her face.

'Oh...' Sarah says, trying to hide her smirk, 'well go on then Nic, I shall grace you with my presence on your little drive.' She stands up from where she was lounging across the couch, Nic and Nads doing the same. We walked them to the door, hugging them before they left.

'Night you two' Nadine smiles as she opens the door.

'Yeah, we'll leave you two alone' Sarah winks with a cheeky grin, I now know what they were hinting at, they expect us to get back together.

'Oh and get something to eat' Nadine randomly orders, 'Yous probably haven't eaten much all day.' She makes her way out of the door only to be pulled back and spun behind Sarah by her waist

'Shotgun!' Sarah shouts, laughing as she lets go of Nadine and races out the door, towards Nics car. We giggle as Nadine sorts her hair out from when she was spun around.

'She's Nutty that one' Nadine chuckles as she composes herself, she waves again and goes after Sarah giggling to herself and shaking her head at her. Nic turns to us now, edging towards the door.