Chapter 64

Chapter 64

"the girl ain't backwards in going forward, she's got this crazy life"

Thank god that song is over! I know it drives Kimberley mad seeing Jackson all over me and I tried to act like it's no big deal, but I hate and dread it just as much as she does.

He really does take advantage of that routine, especially the dance interlude. The only good thing is, the dancers leave the stage straight afterwards. However, tonight, they've been told to wait until we start singing the next song, purely so Jackson will be here to watch what we have planned next.

After my little discussion with Hilary, she agreed that my idea was brilliant, but its a surprise to Kimberley, as well as Jackson. The girls, other dancers and crew know all about it though.

'I know Nicola's just asked... But are yous all still having a good time?' Nadine asks the crowd, receiving cheers in response.

I glance to the other side of the stage where Kimberley is, only to get a frown in response as she gestures to Stephen, who still has his arm around her waist. Silently asking me if I know why they're still here, I simply shrug. She turns to Stephen, probably asking him what's going on, but he just laughs, no doubt trying to avoid her questions.

'I'm afraid we're nearly at the end of the show' Nadine continues into the mic, earning our first negative reaction from the crowd.

I steal another glance towards Kimberley, to find that her eyes are now fixed on Jacksons hands still resting on my hips. I've been so nervous I hadn't even realised how he was holding me. His hands are placed on my hips, but he is holding me against him, his head just over my shoulder.

'But before we move on to our next song, we have a little something extra for you all' The crowd falls silent in anticipation, but Kimberley looks at each of the girls curiously, and I'm holding back my giggles.

'So, Cheryl? You're up babe' Nadine smiles as she turns to me with a smile and starts walking back to the main stage.

I smile at Nadine as she winks at me. Looking back to Kimberley, who is beyond confused now, I let out a nervous giggle, before happily shoving Jackson off me and walking to the centre of the stage. Nicola and Simon move over to stand with Nadine and Craig, so I can take her place. Nicola raises her hand in a stopping motion to someone behind me, and I can bet its Jackson following me. As we pass each other, she gives me a wink, rubbing my arm as her final chance of encouragement.

As I reach centre stage, I take a deep breath, glancing behind me to Nadine and Nicola, to find that they did indeed stop Jackson from joining me. Looking back ahead, I see Sarah trying to hide a smirk, in excitement of what's to come. Kimberley behind her, leaning forward a little so she can see me better, her gorgeous pout in place as her confusion continues.

'Kimberley could you join me please?' I ask gently, stepping forward a little, towards the catwalk so I am stood out from the girls. Sarah and Aaron sneak behind me to join the others as I reach my hand out for Kimberley.

She doesn't move at first but, luckily for me, Stephen is still with her to offer a helping hand. And by that I mean he takes her hand and links it to his arm as he walks her over, giving a little bow as he places her hand in mine, I smile at him gratefully before he joins the others.

Kimberley is looking at me now in what looks like a mixture of fear, panic and confusion, and I'm struggling to keep a straight face. Keeping her hand in mine, I turn to face the crowd.

'So, I'm sure everyone here knows that me and Kimba are now in a relationship... and we're very happy together' I pause as the arena erupts in cheers, 'But we've recently been made aware that there are some rumours floating around that we're engaged'