Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Cheryl's POV

'Cuppa?' I ask Kimberley as she strolls into the kitchen tying her hair up in a messy bun.

'Oh yes please' she smiles warmly, moving over to the counter where I am stood.

Whilst I pour the water into her mug, she takes the tea bag out of mine and adds the sugar. Doing the same to hers when I go to the fridge for the milk. Once the milk has been added to the mix, she passes me another spoon and we both stir.

'See that?' She smiles triumphantly, 'I feel like we make a good team'

'We certainly do' I agree, as we swap mugs, 'And that's how couples should make tea'

'Including that of the food variety?' she hints, raising an eyebrow.

'Oh right, the cookery lesson' I nod slowly, before cringing, 'Right now?'

'Why not?' she shrugs, 'It is dinner time'

'Couldn't we just have butties for dinner?' I smile angelically, but she doesn't fall for it.

'Aww, is Chezza scared?' she pouts, pinching my cheek, causing me to pull away.

'Not scared...' I argue, defensively, 'Just nervous' I admit, taking a sip of my tea. Almost dropping my mug when I burn my tongue, causing some to splatter on the floor.

She chuckles as we both hop back, to avoid the scalding substance landing on our feet.

'What are you nervous about?' she asks, putting her tea down as she grabs a tea towel and gets on her hands and knees to wipe up the mess, 'It's not like you're gunna burn the house down.'

'I know... I don't know why I feel nervous' I shrug, hiding my face bashfully, though she still isn't looking up at me, 'I feel like I'm about to do my GCSE's or my driving test or something' I joke.

She kneels back, sitting back on her feet as she looks up at me with a frown. Before standing back up and putting the towel on the side.

'I have faith in you chez' she smiles, tucking my hair behind my ear, 'I vow to make you a good cook... or at least a decent rookie by Christmas.'

'You're a little pressed for time, don't you think?' I challenge.

'Hey, don't you question my time keeping.' She warns, making me laugh.

'Fine... what am I learning to cook?' I sigh, admitting defeat as I walk into her, nuzzling my head into her shoulder.

She takes the hint and wraps her arms around me, hugging me tight.

'I don't know yet, I'll have to have a look what we can make.'

'Well whatever it is, I hope you've not grown to attached to this house' I smirk and she hits my back.

'You're not going to burn the house down.' she states, matter-of-factly, pulling out of the hug, her hands on my upper arms. 'Even if you wanted to, I wouldn't allow it.'

With that she makes her way towards the door.

'Tie your hair up, wash your hands...' she orders as she disappears out the door, 'I want you ready when I come back.'

'Wow you are taking this seriously!' I giggle.

'Hair up, Hands washed!' she repeats, before popping her head back around the door way, 'And wash them properly, don't just run them under the tap!'