Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Cheryl's POV

5 months later

We're two performances into our Chemistry tour and I don't think my life could get any better.

'Thank you Sheffield!!' Sarah shouts once more as we disappear beneath the stage floor.

The energy off everyone is amazing. This is why I love touring so much. Being able to connect with the fans. The vibe from everyone is electric! The girls, the dancers, musicians, even the stagehands who are in charge of the backgrounds and props. Everyone is so alive.

Everyone apart from one person that is.

The one I hate to see upset more than anyone.

She is hiding it well from the other girls, jumping up and down with an excited Sarah and catching Nicola as she jumps on her. But I can see right through this facade.

I wait until we are walking back to our dressing room before pulling her to one side, earning a questioning look from her.

We are stood in a garage like doorway, which deliveries and stage equipment are brought through. The wall dips in around the doorway, so people in the corridor won't see us, as everyone continues a couple of doors down to our dressing room.

'You need to cheer up' I gently tell her, taking her hands in mine. She sighs heavily in response, dropping her head as she looks down at the ground. 'You can't keep up this charade! The girls are going to see through it eventually.'

'I know' she murmurs, 'I just can't help it... I want to see him.'

Sally gave birth to her baby boy two months ago. Kimberley's second nephew.

But the five of us were travelling around the UK for promotional interviews and performances for three months, then the tour started immediately after that, so we haven't had any time to visit.

Sally understands this of course, but she has said that she won't tell us his name until we can see him in person. Obviously, she has only done this to wind Kimberley up some more, but I don't think she really knows how much it is upsetting Kimberley that she can't see him.

At this rate, she won't be able to meet him until the tour ends in over a month's time in London.

'Chim?!' We hear Nicolas voice echo down the corridor, before we can say any more.

'Keep it in your pants girlies, we've got to get going.' Sarah calls.

I lean out a little, from the wall we are hid behind, so I can see down the corridor. I find both Nicola and Sarah stood in the middle of the corridor, outside our dressing room in their joggers and bras. I looked out just as they turn to look down the other side of the corridor, having had no look spotting us on this side.

Hilary quickly walks out, ushering Sarah and Nicola back inside, like a mother whose toddlers have decided to wander out of the changing room in their underwear. As Sarah and Nicola both giggle, pushing each other back into the dressing room, Hilary glances in our direction, quickly spotting my floating head by the wall.

'Come on girls. We're on a tight schedule!' she orders, beginning to walk towards us.

'We're coming now' I reply, holding my finger up, asking for one more minute as I notice Kimberley's eyes welling up.

Hilary stops when she sees this, just rolling her eyes in annoyance and marching back into the changing room.

'Kimba, I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do' I sigh, resting my hands on her shoulders, moving one to the side of her neck. 'You heard Hils... We're on a tight schedule until the tour ends. There's no way we'll have any time.'