Chapter 55

'Chez... Cheryl wake up' an angelic voice stirs me from my sleep, gently shaking me.

'Noo' I whine, rolling over and curling into a ball.

'Come on sweetheart, we have to get ready.' She chuckles, as I feel the bed dip a little behind me.

I roll over again, finding her sat on her side of the bed again, resting back on the headboard. A small smile spreads across my face as I shuffle back to her side, wrapping my arms around her and nuzzling into her waist.

'Ten more minutes?' I plead, looking up at her hopefully, 'Of cuddling?' I add.

'Alright fine' I shrugs and I nuzzle into her again, grateful.

But when she makes no effort to move, I start tugging on her, grunting a little as I frown at her.  She sighs heavily before sliding down in the bed.

'Don't pretend you're not enjoying this' I murmur, once her arms are around me.

'Of course I am' She admits, and I can tell by her voice that she is smiling, as her arm tightens around me and she places a kiss on my head.

We stay like this, in a comfortable silence, for a few minutes, before I decide to speak up.

'Are you nervous about talking to Hilary?' I ask, hoping I could subtly get her to confirm my concerns that she isn't ready.

'Why would I be nervous?'

'Because we haven't spoke to her properly about us being together yet'

'But you said she was okay with it, that she was happy for us?' she frowns, twisting her neck so she can look at my face.

'She is, I mean are you nervous to discuss us going public.' I reassure her.

'Erm... no' she hesitates, pouting thoughtfully, 'are you?'

'Nah, I'm actually kinda looking forward to it' I admit, resting my head on her chest, 'No more hiding... and I'm gunna start showing some serious PDA towards you from now on' I grin wickedly, placing kisses across her chest as I roll on top of her so I am straddling her waist.

'Oh no you don't' she laughs, gently shoving me off her so I fall back beside her with a bounce.

'Aw come on... We're not in public now' I mutter, moving to kiss her neck.

I try to climb back on top of her, but she catches my leg and pushes me off again.

'No, but we do have a meeting to get to.' She reminds me, quickly getting off the bed, before I can try anything else.

'But it's so early!' I complain, face-planting my pillow. 'And I'm so tired... I need to wake up someone how, and surely as a supportive girlfriend, you would offer all the help and advice you possibly could, right?' I challenge, twisting to look at her.

'Of course I would.' She agrees and I leap out of the bed and over to her, feeling optimistic.

'So...' I push, resting my hands on her hips and pulling her against me. 'what do you propose?'

'Hmm...' she pouts, drawing me in to meet her pursed lips, but before they meet, she pulls back, 'May I suggest a cold shower?' she smiles thoughtfully, before turning on her heels and making her way into the wardrobe.

'Urgh' I groan, slumping back down onto the bed.

I groan even louder when she emerges again, nothing but her underwear as she holds up the outfit she plans to wear.

'What do you reckon?' she asks, holding the fabric against her and looking down at it.

'Erm... Move it to your side?'