Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Cheryl's P.O.V

It is Friday morning, Nadine is probably on the plane home round about now, and I am in bed snuggled up with Kimba, who is still asleep.

I look up at her, smiling to myself. I can't believe how my life has just suddenly changed. One minute, I'm suffering in silence with Ashley in hope of protecting her, and the next, Kimberley saves me and he is out of my life. I couldn't be happier to be getting my life back on track. I have my family and friends back and I am in a relationship with the woman I have loved for over two years.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by movement beside me. I watched her, intently, as she stretched and her arm tightens around my waist, momentarily. Her eyes finally flicker open to see me grinning up at her.

'Mornin' ' she yawns.

'Morning beautiful' I smile, tightening my arms around her as I raise my head for a kiss.

When she doesn't respond, I look at her to see an amused expression on her face.

'Where's my kiss, exactly?' I ask, looking offended.

'You're not getting one' she shrugs simply and gets out of the bed.

I sit up in the bed and watch her make her way over to the wardrobe, briefly disappearing.

'Why not?' I call out so she can still hear me.

'Because I am pretty sure you were watching me in my sleep... again.' she says coming back out of the wardrobe, carrying a pair of jeans and vest top.

'You know I don't like it.' She adds, sitting down in front of me on the bed.

'I wasn't...' I mutter, to which she raises her eyebrows incredulously as she turns a little to face me.

I take this as my opportunity. I swoop forwards, in an attempt to kiss her, only for her to move away.

'Oh come on Kimba! It's not my fault your gorgeous, it's hard not to watch you' I laugh in disbelief as she cups my chin in her hand.

'I'm sure it isn't that hard, now stop it.' She whispers, leaning in and finally kissing me.

I can't help but smile into the kiss as it deepens, I can feel her doing the same, before she slowly pulls away. Getting up off the bed, she grabs the pair of jeans and vest top she brought out of the wardrobe and makes her way to the en suite.

'Are you really not getting back in bed?' I ask, my brow furrowing as I check the time, 'It only 11 in the morning'

'Say that time again and think about it' she laughs sarcastically, 'I can't believe I've only just woke up'

'I can. It's probably a good thing you slept; I know you haven't been recently' my voice fades, saying it mostly to myself.

'I only didn't sleep the first two nights after the trial.'

'Yeah and two nights before that' I argue.

'I just wanted to be there for you, when you had that nightmare. Then I was just checking your not still having it.'

'Which I'm not...' I mutter, curtly, an annoyed expression on my face, like a child sulking.

She sighs and walks over to the bed, sitting back down. She cups my cheek with her hand, forcing me to look into her eyes. My expression softens when I see her gentle, caring eyes looking back at me.

'I know you're not having them anymore, hence why I slept last night. The trial was only on Tuesday, I was just worried.' She says, comfortingly, 'besides, if I did go to sleep and you had the dream, I would have sh!t myself when you screamed' she laughs, making me smile.