Chapter 58

Chapter 58

'Ready to move on?' Kimberley asks, offering her hands to help me out of the booth.

'Aye' I smile as I take her hands.

'Are you okay tonight?' She frowns.

'Yeah fine, why?'

'You just seemed a little off earlier. Do you want to go home?'

'No, sorry' I sigh, 'I just got a little confused earlier because I thought you carried me out of the car after the crash. Also, I felt a little out of place when you and the girls were talking about the warning you gave Jason and Charlie'

'I tried to carry you out of the car.' She reassures me, 'I was refusing to let go of you. But I was dizzy, struggling to stand, and I wouldn't have been able to get out of the car properly without hurting you. So Mark offered to carry you and Sarah convinced me to let him... But what do you mean you felt out of place?'

'Well, I was never here for any of that stuff' I explain, 'I wasn't here when any new guys came onto the scene, never participated in the protective warnings, helped any of the girls through a break up'

'Chez, you've not missed out on much, we're only on our fourth. Luckily they didn't do it with us two, else that would be six, and I bet they'd be even more harsh with us because it would but the entire group at risk.' She chuckles, making me smile as she puts her arm around me and we follow the gang towards the exit.

'Whose the fourth?' I ask after a few seconds silence.

'Erm... it would have been Jamie. He's the only one to have the threat and break up.'

'What was his threat?'

'I can't really remember... There was a washing machine involved.' She pauses trying to think of it, 'Oh no that was it! They decided they would freeze his clothing and throw it at a wall to smash it.'

'Jesus, that one sounds like a lot'

'Oh, but shoving a wooden spoon down someone's throat doesn't?!' she retorts, 'anyway, I think they went a little extreme because of... well... what happened between us'

'Oh' I sigh, looking down, 'You mean when I broke your heart' I know she tried putting it gently, so I won't feel as guilty. But it didn't work. 'Is it because of me that these threats were put in place?'

'No, that was because of how naive we were at the start of the band. We couldn't tell if people genuinely liked us, or if they were only interested for our fame.'

'Yeah tell me about it' I grumble

'That's all in the past now chez.' She reminds me, kissing my temple, 'we're back together, and so far no threats have been put in place by the girls.'

'I know, I'm sorry babe' I apologise, cuddling into her side, 'I'll perk up now, I promise'

After weaving through the crowded pub, we eventually reach the door and pause while we wait for Nadine and Beth to put their coats on.

'You're not only with us for me fame are you?' I pout playfully.

I look for her reaction, only to see that her attention is focused on outside. Following her line of sight, I see she is staring at the herd of paparazzi outside waiting for us.

'Well I guess that's the answer to my question' I mutter.

This is the second pub we've been in so obviously the paparazzi have been tipped off about where we are and that we're on a pub crawl. We're all tipsy/borderline drunk, seen as we have been out now for three hours, and Sarah's first round consisted of three drinks each, excluding the two rounds of shots.