Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Nicola’s P.O.V

It has almost been a week since Cheryl came to stay at mine. We still haven’t spoke about what happened with Kimberley, I think she believes her, but something is still holding her back from talking to her about it, or apologising.

Whether Kimberley really was trying to have something with that Ben or not, I know that Cheryl will still love her, but for now she is just torturing herself. I have been making sure that she is eating, though it has proved difficult because of how stubborn she is.

Sarah went around to Kimberley’s when she left Cheryls and rang me. She told me that she sat and held her while she sobbed into her chest. I know that Ben is lying, Kimberley would never hurt Cheryl, but Cheryl herself is having none of it. The more we try to talk to her about it, the more irritated she gets.

‘Hey Kim’ I sigh as I answer my phone.

Kimberley has rung me every day, since Sarah told her that Cheryl is staying with me.

‘Hey Nic... how is she?’ she asks, full of concern. Though I can’t help but notice that she has been sounding weaker and weaker each time she calls.

‘She’s fine babe, still upset but...’ I pause not knowing what else to say when I hear her sigh.

‘I didn’t do anything Nic. I promise, I am telling the truth when I tell you what Ben did’

I can hear the desperation in her voice.

‘I believe you babe, I honestly do... How are you Kimberley? You don’t sound so good’

‘I’m fine. Just tired, I’ve been struggling to sleep that’s all’

‘Why can’t you sleep?’

‘Just everything that’s happening. I’m just scared that I’ve lost her for good this time.’

‘Kim, you and chez are meant to be together, she will see sense... but really... I hear you told Sarah and Nadine to leave yesterday, and stop coming to see you?’

Sarah and Nads have been going to see Kimberley, making sure she is eating and looking after herself, but she didn’t seem to appreciate these visits and she only ever let them into the kitchen.

‘They weren’t coming to see me, Nic. They were coming to check on me. I don’t need babysitting.’ She mutters stubbornly.

‘Cheryl agreed to stay with me while this is going on so she has someone to talk to and I can keep an eye on her. But you refused to stay with Sarah or Nadine so they went to you. We’re just worried about you Kim.’

She doesn’t reply and I check my phone to make sure she hasn’t hung up.

‘Kim? You there?’

‘Yeah, sorry... Look Nic, I’m gunna go. I’ll call you tomorrow yeah?’

‘Oh okay then. Well-’ the line has already gone dead before I have finished my sentence.

I sigh to myself as I hang up and walk into the living room. I look over to where Cheryl is lay on the sofa, aimlessly flicking through channels on the TV.

I just want this situation to be fixed; I can’t bare Kim and Cheryl to fall out again. It was heartbreaking enough the first time, and I was partly the cause of their fall out. I should have told Cheryl about Justin like I said I would. They have only just become close again and it might already be over.

*****

The band is going to fall apart if these two don't sort this out, but it's clear that Cheryl isn't going to make the first move until she knows the definite truth. There is something wrong with Kimberley, I can hear it in her voice, she sounded so exhausted and run down. Going from what Sarah has told me over the phone, she isn't acting like herself.