four

chapter four - therefore i am

Lucy Caddel

"So what's your plan then?" Harry asks from the driver's seat.

"Pardon?" I look over to him.

He sits up in his seat and clears his throat. "You're obviously suspicious of the people in my unit, what do you plan on telling them?"

"I'm not sure, I'll just act as if I don't know anything I guess." I shrugged.

"Guessing that means you won't give them the hard drive?"

"Actually, I do plan on that. Like I said earlier, the files are linked so if someone makes updates to it, then—"

"That's very much illegal but go on." He interrupts.

"I know that something's not right in your department and more people are going to be hurt if we don't stop it." I rant on, Harry keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm your bodyguard Lucy, not your sidekick. What else do you expect them to say when they see that you're running an illegal linked file source under the FBI's name? Especially under my watch. Do you think you're gonna get a cookie or something?" He defends.

"That's not my point, Harry. Each thing that's happened, someone's been framed and either killed or jailed."

He goes silent for a moment. His green eyes watch the road as we pass other cars.

"Have you heard the story about Noah Edwards?" He breaks the silence and asks me a question.

"Your brother?...yeah, I have,"

I remember Harry's brother being convicted of murdering 3 people and apparent illegal works under the FBI's vision. Apparently causing issues in The Capitol years ago. He went missing after he was wanted. He was presumed dead because he was never found. I can't imagine how that must feel for Harry. No closure or anything.

"They framed him, callously. He ended up being dropped from the FBI and exiled from this country."

"I'm so sorry,"

"The FBI and the whole country say they took a risk bringing me into the force. But to begin with, I was looking for answers. Some sort of clue or idea as to where he went, or even proof to prove him innocent. But the FBI cover their tracks pretty damn well, unfortunately." He explained as we turned to the road that led straight to The Capitol building. "That was before I nearly got caught so I transferred into this current unit. Being a bodyguard, I was hoping to get a few gigs in it before I'd reach the level of being the bodyguard for the higher people. At least then maybe I'd find some answers."

"Did you ever get close to finding anything?" I asked him.

"Nothing, every lead was a dead end." He sighed. "The FBI security is no joke."

"Lucky you now know someone who's an expert in the industry." I smile at him.

"Really? Who?"

"Me." I smiled.

"Hate to break it to you, but FBI security is not like trying to get someone's Instagram password." He laughs.