fifty one

chapter fifty one - more than you know

Lucy Caddel

In a room full of people, Harry always seemed to radiant the most compared to others around him. It might be just me who thought this but tonight as we all shared laughs and smiles, he stood out the most to me.

Harry and I had been sitting together for most of the night as Louis and Zayn played darts and beer pong. Our legs were brushing against each other under the table, pinning the small shivers down my spine. I could just melt by the feeling of those green eyes on me. I never understood the saying of "getting lost in someone's eyes" because I wasn't lost. I didn't feel lost when I looked into them. I felt safe.

The drinks started kicking into the way I thought, each word I spoke became more slurred. I wasn't sure how many Harry had but I know for sure he had more tolerance than me. Same with Zayn. But I knew by the way Louis had a wild smile, he'd be drunkest.

A hand slid to my lower back and I'm met with the pretty pink lips. "Are you okay?" Harry asked, concern written all over his face.

I nodded with a smirk as I swung my arm around his neck. We had moved to this room with small dance floor out back near the bar. When I say we, I mean me. I got us in here because we needed to be invited for some stupid reason. The bouncer was easily swayed. I had a specific method, like a routine, that I did every time. Diarra and I used to get into parties all over Silver Spring when we were younger by using that method.

Now we were now at high tables which each one in this room had drinks on, thanks to me.

There were quite a few people on the dance floor now and I'd been hanging to get on there. Harry gave me a squeeze and pulled back just a little to look at me. His hand stayed on my waist too, reminding me he was still there as I tried to steady my focus from the hitting liquor. I turned my attention to the music again, feeling it vibrate through the floorboards under my feet. That's when another song began and many people flooded the small dance floor. God, I missed clubbing. This was just reminding me why.

The strobe lights hooked me in as the neon glared into my face. Colours of purples, reds and blues were dominant with the occasional green and yellow. I twirled my finger in my necklace to try find someone to dance with. I was way too nervous to ask Harry, he seemed happy just to watch me while he sipped his drink.

It was shortly disrupted by Louis nearly tumbling into the table. The many drinks on it were knocked about, glasses clattering as he readjusted himself.

"When did that get there?" He slurred his words and laughed to himself.

"I think that's enough drinks for you." Harry laughed through his nose as he held his drink to his lips.

Louis turned his attention to me with a beaming smile across his mouth. His hair was messed before he raised his eyebrow. "Don't be such a dud, lad. See, who else is having the time of her life."

I honestly had no idea what he was saying as his accent dipped within his words. Me being off my face didn't help either.

"Come on, let's go dance then love." Louis' face lit up and I followed him to the mosh of people in the middle of the room.

I got one last look of a concerned but flustered Harry before I shifted my focus to the way I moved my body to the music. I ran my fingers through my hair as I danced, swaying and jumping to the beat of the music like everyone else was.

Soon enough, I was surrounded by people. I couldn't say I had no things to worry about, because I did. However, being here just made me forget all about it. I just hoped all the other things would go away and I could just stay in this spot without having to drift further. I wanted to anchor down to this moment but unfortunately, the tide had its own ideas.