sixteen

chapter sixteen - drops of jupiter
(play song at the !!)

Lucy Caddel

"Alright, I'll see you lot soon." Harry waved. I followed him out the door and shut it behind me, leaving Zayn and Liam inside.

"What's wrong?" He turns around with his eyebrows narrowed.

"Just um... just message one of us when you get there."

"Alright, anything else?" He chuckles and agrees.

"That's it." I pressed my lips together. He walked to his car and I stayed on the front porch. "Bye, Harry."

"Bye." He waved and got in the car, shutting the door behind him. He reversed out quicker than I'd seen him before, leaving dust in the air behind him as he flew down the driveway until he became a small dot in the distance.

— —

Evening.

"Hey, so I'm cooking pasta for dinner," Zayn says from the kitchen, wiping his hands. "Would you two like some?"

I look over to Liam who gives a thumbs up. He's sat on the lounge with his feet up on the coffee table, a big grin on his face as he looks at his phone. I turn my focus back to Zayn. "Pasta is my absolute favorite, so yes please." I smiled and sat down on the chair next to the kitchen counter. Zayn serves Liam and me a bowl of his pasta. I was starving so I knew I was going to enjoy this meal, especially one Zayn made.

"So Lucy, Harry tells us you're a bit of a natural at what you do with all this investigation shit going on," Liam says before he takes a mouthful of pasta.

"He said that?" I say, surprised. I got a little flustered by it.

"He did." He swallows his food. "You know, you should come down to the drag track one time. I could teach you some things I know if you'd like."

"That sounds like fun, I've got nothing on tomorrow that I know of. How about then?" I suggested to him.

"Perfect! You're gonna love it." He smiles with his eyes. He has a nice smile, he seems like a very comforting person. Golden retriever energy.

I finished my bowl of pasta and washed it up in the sink. "I think I'm gonna go to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open." I yawned.

"Alright, no worries." Zayn smiles at me.

"The pasta was lovely, thank you Zayn." I finished drying my bowl and cutlery before I place them on the bench. "Goodnight to you two."

!!

"Goodnight." They say together before I wondered up the hallway. Even though I just ate a whole bowl of pasta, a part of me still felt empty. I fell on the wide open bed, my hair fanning out on the bed covers. I slip off my shorts and pull on an oversized white shirt that goes to my thighs. I don't put on any shorts so I'm just in my black underwear.

I walk over to the mirror and tie my hair up in a braid. The warm lamp provided just enough light for me to see before I returned to the bed. I felt restless but not in a way where I could fall asleep. Something felt off.