𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙

✩ April 1995

April 1995

Valia Mick's remedy for the buzzing flashes of paparazzi and whispers and recordings relied on five things.

Cocaine, Cigarettes, Alcohol, Partying, And Blur.

The latter, Noel and Liam loathed with every ounce of their flesh. The answer as to why was simple and straightforward. They didn't want her to be dragged into the London's fancy ways. Well, that, and they couldn't bear the image of those snarky smug posh wankers being around her.

One can't keep track on the number of slagging Noel Gallagher had amounted to when it came to those Southern boys. He was relentless and perpetual, not able to stop himself because he detested them with all their being. Noel once publicly announced that he wished they would all die of AIDS, and it had been so controversial that Val herself had to sternly instruct the older Gallagher to release a public apology towards the rival band.

And no matter how hard she tried to keep Liam's hands tied from escaping, he still manages to swindle his way through and jumbles a series of insults and mockery. Something Val would then pick a fight with him over, and he would argue that she had forgotten all about reality and was offering herself up for madness. Liam conspicuously threw it out that she had been spending a little too much time partying with the other boys and that he wanted her to snap out of it. He was outraged when he found out that Val and Mel brought themselves to Notting Hill, where Damon Albarn was staying — just so they could get high and buzzed out of their minds.

Liam felt cheated, as though the bassist was gradually getting tired of him and the band and instead had to seek for entertainment from other people. And it somehow grew more personal when Mel found herself enjoying the company of Blur.

It had been the reason why he had fallen back into his old habits when he heard from Bonehead that his girlfriend and Mel had gone off to Notting Hill for a party at the lead singer's residence. She hadn't said a word about going there, not a single breath to Liam, and that was what ticked him off desperately.

At that time, they were all still in London, preoccupied with interviews, events and studio recordings.

It was at one of those many events he then met Patsy Kensit. There was nothing much to it, she was alluring and fit. That was it.

Nothing compared to Valia Mick. Not the heavily indistinguishable scented aura that she gave off, not Val's ability to grab everyone's attention as soon as she stepped into the room, or her dashingly captivating smile. Those things belonged to the bassist and her only. But that very night, Val had left without a word — and Liam was beyond damaged.

And so, he dialled the number that had been written on a piece of filthy paper, the one he picked and went through their hotel room's garbage for. She picked up almost instantly, and over an hour later, Patsy Kensit was sprawled naked all over the hotel bed. The very same bed Liam and Val had fucked in last night, where the bassist told him that she loved him unconditionally, and repeated them very words back to her ardently.