𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚. 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙜𝙚

AUTHORS NOTE   guys this was SO sad to write ??? I wrote it with Look On Down From The Bridge on repeat the whole time, and began writing based on the lyrics itself and i'm so fucked rn because all that for this .. salute fr

✩ March 2003

March 2003

"So, what's next?" Valia asked, leaning over the table and smiling at the newlyweds.

Claire, Alex's wife, grinning and pondered for a second. "Well this one's got a mad plan."

Damon laughed, an arm rested on Val's chair. Almost a week after Alex and Claire's wedding bursted into fireworks, Valia insisted that they all went for dinner, just to catch up and celebrate. She was elated for them, Val and Claire got along very well, and she was eager for Alex's new chapter. He was always the wild and untamed one of the Blur boys, she could still remember back when the Blur bassist would flirt and hit on her shamelessly, even when she was dating Damon. She could also remember the tension that sparked between him and Graham, simply because Alex would purposely rile his mate up by hitting on Mel.

But things were evolved now. Graham was no longer with the band. The boys were seemingly spending most of their time away from each other, preoccupied with their own lives and projects. Though, they did have a new album coming up. Even then, there was a certain extent of acknowledgment that it would be their last one for a very long time now, if not their last. With Graham gone, the band was no longer what it used to be, and Damon no longer felt committed to it.

"When does he not have one?" The blur frontman snickered, and Alex rolled his eyes at his friend.

"What do you have on your mind now?" Valia asked, raising an eyebrow.

Alex smiled widely, evidently proud of what he had planned for the future. He looked at Claire, then back to the engaged couple. "I was thinking of buying a farmhouse. I could turn it into a cheese farm."

Claire sheltered her laugh away with her hand. "Well there you go."

Valia couldn't help but join along in the laughter. Of course, she thought. She wasn't nearly surprised to hear that Alex was interested of developing a cheese farm, it sounded like something he would do. And he was always particularly obsessed with cheese, something she still couldn't wrap her head around. Damon shook his head. "I swear, this one came into the world with a cigarette in his mouth and a cheese in his bloody hands."

"That's true, actually." Alex nodded, pretending to be serious. "Got a framed picture of it. It's in our bathroom."

"Proper fucking creepy that." Valia grimaced, gaining a collective chuckle. She could feel Damon's fingers tracing her arm aimlessly, something that he had been doing almost throughout the whole dinner.

Claire smiled at this, and then cleared her throat. "Enough about us then." She said, nodding towards Damon and Val. "What about you two? When's the wedding?"