𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧. 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮

✩ March 2000

March 2000

The space in the bed next to her dipped heavily, stirring her awake abruptly. The bassist squinted at the cause of it, twitching a sleepy smile when she saw who it was.

"Sorry." Damon whispered, melting into her back as he wrapped an arm around her from behind. Valia held on to him tightly, leaning her head against his. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

She only hummed back in return, feeling him plant gentle kisses on the side of her neck. "Thank you for taking care of Missy."

"It's okay." She murmured back tiredly.

"She didn't wear you out, did she?" He asked, frowning a little. He was little hesitant to leave Missy with Val, not because he didn't think that she was capable of it, but simply because he wasn't certain if the bassist had the energy——she had been so worn out with playing shows and other businesses with the band that he doubted she would have the time for it. But Val told him that she didn't mind, and that he didn't need to send Missy back to Suzi hours earlier than its scheduled time. Perhaps Suzi had plans, and Val didn't want to disrupt it, and so she volunteered to look after his daughter while he went off to record some of the songs he had made for Gorillaz. "I know she can be a little fussy."

Valia shifted in his arms, turning around so she was now facing him. "It went fine. Stop worrying so much."

He stayed silent, observing the way she carried her eyes all around his face. It was odd, the position that they were in. Not once did he think he would ever see Val be in the same bed as him, discussing about his daughter. It was foreign, but it made his heart swell with fondness. "The boys didn't ask what you were up to today?"

She shook her head. "No. They're all busy with their own lives too, you know."

"I know." He says back. Nobody knew that they were back together, if anything, they only made it official a month ago. Even then, they tried their best to keep things separated, Val still continued to live in her house in Camden (where they were now), and Damon still had his residences in Notting Hill and Devon. They didn't want to rush too much into it, in spite of the fact that they basically weren't——they had been in love with each other for ages now, it wasn't fresh.

Only their closest mates knew. And that meant Blur and Mel. Well, them, and Bonehead and Gem.

Val had gotten closer to Gem, she wasn't entirely sure why, maybe because he was calm and balanced compared to the rest of them, but she liked his energy. She found that he was easier to be around with and he took a lot of interest in the things happening in her life, unlike the other boys, who were only engaged in theirs. And as for Bonehead, that was clear. She always adored him, even now that he had left Oasis and was living his life with his beautiful family.