𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤. 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜

✩ November 2003

November 2003

Heathen Chemistry World Tour;
Zurich, Switzerland

"Bug."

She moaned in a hum, stirring in her sleep with Liam's arm wrapped around her torso. The frontman shifted against her back, nuzzling his face into her silk hair. "I'm going to thrash the room if the pot head doesn't stop banging on the door." He mumbled lowly, the intonation in his voice evidently portraying his agitation.

Val groaned when a series of loud thuds clanged on her hotel door once more, and Liam began cussing under his breath. She threw his arm off her body, omitting his complaints as she dragged herself out of bed and towards the door.

"You better have a good reason for this." She frowned, rubbing her eyes while Noel tightened his lips at the sight of her.

"Seen r'kid anywhere?"

Val rubbed her nose uncomfortably, shifting her weight back and forth between her legs, trying to figure out how she was going to lie to his face.

She and Liam were seeing each other again, but they hadn't stamped a proper label on what they were. In fact, they were taking things gradually and peacefully——maybe a little too slow for Liam's liking, but he settled with it nonetheless. He was happy as long as she was by his side, even if that meant that he couldn't fuck her just yet. It seemed as though Val's failed engagement with Damon Albarn affected her more than he thought, and as a result, she needed to ensure that everything was good and well between them before they could take their relationship any further.

He thought it was ridiculous, but he followed through anyway. Perhaps he understood why she didn't want to rush into it, Val was determined to have things painstakingly defined and perfect. She was rather afraid that they would make the same mistakes again.

That was why they decided to keep things hidden. They acted the same way as they always did when the band was around, and none of them had any suspicions when Liam would wrap an arm around her or whisper into the bassist's ear, solely because that was nothing out of the ordinary.

"No?" She lied, blinking. "Why?"

Noel eyed her carefully. "The fella's not in his room. He's supposed to do that interview in thirty minutes."

She parted her lips, eyes wide as she had completely forgotten about it. And it was clear that Liam did too. The older Gallagher scrutinised the realisation in her face, and the way Val seemed hesitant to throw her head behind her—as though she wanted to look at somebody.

Noel pursed his lips, putting two and two together. And he bounced his attention between the the room behind her and the bassist, "Oh ye are fucking with me."

"Noel! Get out!" She hissed, attempting to yank the boy backwards when he barged into her room. She stiffened the second Noel's eyes landed on a shirtless figure on her bed, comatose from his sleep.