𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 '𝟴𝟵 ₁₉₈₉

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Not exactly proofread yet but basically im going to start ending the book with a few chapters on early formation / years of Oasis, focusing on Liam! And then later on a chapter on Damon, so start speculating who Val ends up with !!!

This chapter doesn't revolve as much around Liam though, but I promise it's relevant because it explains why she and Liam never really spoke up until the band was formed!

June 1989

"Alright alright, let's go!" Tony exclaimed, dragging the girl out of his house, but not before calling out for his mother and stating that he was going out.

She rolled her eyes at the curly headed boy, who was struggling to unroll the bottom of his jeans. He was practically tripping over himself as he tried to catch up to the girl. "You were the one taking forever to get ready."

"Well i'm bloody tired from the match!" He defended, almost offended that she hadn't even thought of that in the first place. Tony McCarroll was a part of one of the local football teams, along with Ian Roberts—–the boy Valia Mick had been pining over for as long as she had first laid her eyes on him. She and Ian were rather close, and frankly, between us, it was fairly obvious that the feeling was mutual.

She snorted. "What for?" She asked, smiling ever so slightly. She knew what she was about to say next would leave him speechless, but regardless, he would know that she was simply bantering. "You lost anyway."

Tony halted on his feet, and the younger girl copied his actions, seamlessly turning to see why he had stopped. "You're seriously going to attack a crippled boy? I injured my leg, Val."

"Oh you're such a baby!" She laughed, hooking her arm around his and tugging him forward, ultimately forcing Tony to resume walking along with her. "You're fine. If it makes you feel any better, maybe i'll treat you to some——"

He interjected her instantly, not bothered to hear what else she had to say. "Deal."

Valia eyed him. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"You're going to take me to Sifters." He pointed out, having the ability to read her mind like she was an open book. That entirely had to do with how close they were. They had recently just met, or really, they had known of each other since the moment the Bristol girl and her mothered moved to Manchester—–the town that they lived in were relatively small, and everybody knew of each other. But they had never spoken before until she came to watch Ian play for a match one day, and it was then did he introduce her to Tony, who was his teammate.

And ever since then, they became quite inseparable. No thanks to their similar interests, and Tony McCarroll was an easy person to bond with. Maybe Ian had to do a lot with their friendship too, since the three of them often spent their times together.