𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙞𝙛 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙪𝙣

✩ August 1995

August 1995

Liam returning back to Patsy Kensit was not the biggest shock in the world for her, that was inevitable.

It was them parading themselves to the whole of Britain that they were engaged was what wounded her to the core. Liam had proposed to Patsy with the same ring Peggy had given him for her. Him running off the same night of their argument to get someone else's hand in marriage was bizarre. But she really shouldn't have been so surprised. It was Liam Gallagher after all.

Yet, despite all of her determination to end things with the frontman, it still thawed her into a devastating wave of heartbreak. She felt utterly betrayed, as though she was easily replaceable, after all this while. She couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that Liam had convinced her how madly in love he was, how awfully he wanted to marry her. How he was indisputably elated when Peggy had given him the ring. After all that, somehow, he was able to switch off and conditioned himself to someone else.

How did that work? How did he go from plunging himself into a dark pit of disappointment over Valia Mick insisting that she was in no way shape or form prepared for marriage —— to kneeling on one knee for Patsy Kensit?

It was what drowned the bassist. She hadn't been able to sleep for days, constantly reminded that Liam had humiliated her in ways she could never forgive him for. It was one thing to cheat on her, she was no saint when it came to that, but to use the designated ring on his mistress was the absolute last straw, then displaying them for the whole world to see. At least she never paraded her affair with Damon around. Not that it was anything to be proud of, and she always wished that the circumstances were different.

Noel stayed over at her place, vowing to keep an eye out on her. It didn't seem to go too well. He wasn't able to get her to eat anything, and he had no control over the hills of cocaine she was snorting, nor the empty bottles of booze scattered all over the living room.

It killed him to watch the girl. She was slowly deteriorating and crumbling under his supervision and he had no way of helping her. He couldn't tell her to stop, because it was her only source of remedy. And he couldn't get Marissa to come over, afraid that she would get a heart attack at the sight of her own daughter. The woman had called her phone line multiple times, and Noel would answer once in a while, telling her that things was better.

Noel must have passed out sleeping on the couch, because he was jerked awake by the sudden agonised screaming and crashing.

"Val?" He called in the utmost panic, frantically rushing to her bedroom. The older Gallagher stared at her with widened eyes, the bassist had thrown around all of Liam Gallagher's belonging, her bedroom floor sprawled and tainted with items and clothing.

He wandered his eyes around the floor. "Val, what the fuck's happened here?"

"I'll tell you what. Your brother is a fucking cunt." She spat furiously, her cheeks stained with tears and redness. "He's going to be the fucking death of me!"