𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚

✩ February 2001

February 2001

"I know, I know it's cold." The girl frowned, holding Missy, who was moaning about the shiver, closer to her chest, snuggling. Damon tutted, glancing over to Val as they waited outside.

"Are you sure she's still not in the states?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I called her, Dames. She's back."

He sighed, pounding on the door and impatiently stabbing at the door bell. "Either she's dead or she's deaf."

Valia pursed her lips, scanning around the area before tugging at Damon's arm. "Here, hold her please."

Missy claws over to her father, wrapping her arms tightly around Damon's neck. And the both of them watched silently as the bassist practically crawled around the perimeters of Mel's residence. He broke into a smile, laughing softly. "Are you trying to look for a brick to throw or something?"

She rolled her eyes. "No. Mel keeps an extra key out here." Valia leapt up with a grin when she finds them hidden behind a collective of rocks. Damon shook his head, beaming, and bounces Missy in his arms as his girlfriend unlocks the door to Mel's place.

"See, she's here." She pointed towards the empty cups on the table. But the both of them eyed it warily, seemingly sharing an odd glance.

Damon pondered for a second, curious on why there were two mugs on the table. "Maybe Gra's here too."

The thought of his bandmate potentially being there slumped him a little, considering that their friendship was holding on by a thread. Blur was really on the brink of falling apart, and there wasn't much to be done. Back when they had recorded 13, there was a lot of undeniably tensed atmosphere surrounding them, and Graham would show up to the studio drunk and hostile, rather sulking in a corner and only spoke when he needed to. It simply wasn't the same anymore.

"So they're shagging."

He snickered, shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe. I mean, she's back after god knows how long."

Valia opens her mouth to say something, but ultimately comes to a halt when they could hear the distant rattling from Mel's bedroom, and they grimaced in disgust. "Okay. I think we should come back some other time."

"No, are you serious?" The Blur frontman says, almost frowning. He places his daughter on the table, holding her in place, ensuring that she doesn't crawl off and gets herself hurt. "Let's just wait. She's already upset about the car ride. I don't want to drive back home yet."

Home was Camden, for them. After a year of dating again, they both decided that it was time to move in together once more. And of course, the Devon house was the first one Val moved into. But that was for when they wanted to be away. It was easily more convenient for the both of them if they had a place in London, since Damon owned a recording studio in West London, so it only made sense that they lived together at her place.