Chapter 61 Sunny Mornings

Bethany's POV

The door creaked as opened it. Our apartment looked so fresh. Right. My parents were staying here because it was closer to the hospital were Brittany was admitted.

I closed the door behind me and saw my parents in the kitchen.
"Mom! Dad!" I smiled.

I missed them. I hugged each of them. God I missed them so freaking much.

My mom made me waffles. Her waffles were literally the best in the world. She's so careful with her recipes. Like the time she made marshmallows for the family last Valentines Day. Dammit they were so delicious.

Thinking about all of these things brought some amazing memories.
"So Bethany, how was Vegas?" My dad asked me.
"U-Uh" I stuttered "Stayed there only for a few days. It was pretty fun. Connor and I actually got to spend some time together. We've been so caught up lately. Hopeful he's coming back in like three days"
"Ah. That's good. He's good company, eh?" he questioned, biting into his waffle.
"He's amazing. Don't even know what I'd do without him" I replied.

Don't even know what I'd do without him. I don't know how to feel.

How he always snores when he's tired and falling asleep. He's honestly a mannerless flock with me. He'd never excuse himself when he burps. He'd always fall back laughing. I love how the back of ears turn red when he laughs too much.

And you know what's the best thing about this?

It is that you finally have a person; a special, a very special person you can share your life with. I'm so blessed to have an amazing person like Connor in my life. I'm so damn thankful to every split second we've spent together. Nonetheless, I'm thankful for him.

I whispered those words in my head again and again. I excused myself from the kitchen and went straight into my room and dialed 'Kian Lawley' on my list.

I'm not even sure it this number still works as we haven't talked in 2 years or so.
"Hello?" his voice spoke over the phone.
"Kian?" I whispered - my voice coming out croaky.
"Who is this?"

Shit. He didn't know it was me. He didn't have my number. I changed it like ten months ago. Oh my gosh.

"I'm Joanne." I lied "Can I meet you, Kian, tomorrow at 4:00? 'Cafe on the Fifth'?"
"Wait. Joanne Withens?" he asked.
"Yes! Now you remember me? Oh Kian!" I laughed dryly.

Okay. Let me get this straight. Kian has been my best friend since like 1st Grade. Until he totally proved to be a dick. The Joanne Withens thing was something Kian and I invented. We used to hang around with 'Joanne Withens' aka the Mystery Girl.

She was a total fake person.

What Kian just told me reminded me so much of how much he actually cared about me. Sure I dumped his sorry ass for good.

"Yeah. Totally. Miss you! Talk soon. Text me okay?"

Oh my freaking goodness he's such a flirt. Is this how he gets his way around?
"Yes. After a while cause I'm busy. Just found time to talk to you cause I'd forget otherwise" I giggled "Bye!"
"Bye!" he hung up.

Real smooth Bethany. Real smooth. Not even kidding he's disgusting. Ew ew.

I fixed my hair and called Connor on FaceTime on my laptop.
"Hi babe!" His voice croaked through the speaker.
"Connor! I seriously miss you so much my baby boy" I said and made a pouty face.
"Awh. I miss you too, doll. Gotta a little surprise for you. Anyway, that's for later. anything special?"
"If you asked," I laughed.

I explained everything with the call and Joanne Withens.
"Oh my god Bethany." He laughed.
"Yeah. Yeah. You love me"

This'll be the start of something new

🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚🔚

Hi guys!!

Thank you so much for the 14K.

I love you all.

The next chapter will be damn fun I promise.

That's all now.

Love you

#39 to go!

Twitter.com/Jalanixo