Chapter 28 Bethany Mota. What have you done?

Connors POV

Why was she at a police station? Why Bethany? Was she in trouble? What has she done?

Thoughts were drooling over my mind. I let them. Why? What happened? Why couldn't she tell me?

I arrived at the police station 15mins later and found Beth on her phone sitting on a bench near the doors. I honked and she jumped. I smiled at her and she walked towards me. I wasn't in the mood to fight so I better take this nice and easy.

"Hey Connor! I've never been this excited to see you!" She exclaimed. Okay? Was this something I shouldn't be worried about? Can I trust her?

"What's up?" I spoke up.
"Kian's in JAIL!" She said.

Did I just hear what I heard? He was in jail? What had he done? Why did she go to meet him? Bethany?

"What? Why the hell were you there?" I asked her. Clearly annoyed.

Bethany's POV

Gee. What was his problem? He can't just scream at me.

"Gosh. I was taken from school Connor it's not like i literally went to see KIAN!"

"Can I trust you?" He asked me. What the hell?
"You know what Connor? What's with the questioning all of a sudden? Huh? You don't trust me?" I asked him. I was pissed off.

"Goddammit Bethany!" He said as I banged his hand on the steering wheel.
"Connor?" I asked him
"It's just that, my earlier girlfriend-"

He paused. She must've done something bad to him. I stroked his hand.

"She ran away with her ex-boyfriend. Their whereabouts are unknown. It was kinda the same situation" he said.

Damn I feel him.

"Connor. If you ever think that I would do such a ratchet thing, you are highly mistaken."

I said to him. It took me time to realize my chosen words were wrong. Connor always comforts me with his words chosen carefully. I feel so irresponsible.
But Connor was still driving. He seemed depressed.

"Pull over please Connor?" I asked him.

He did as I said. I got off his blood-red Prius and walked towards the drivers seat. I told him to get off.

I kissed him on his cheek.

"Con, I'm sorry I didn't understand. I'm sorry" I said to him.

He gave me a weak smile and pulled me towards him. He cupped my face and kissed me on the lips. Our kiss lasted 2 mins until I pulled off.

"Go sit down I'll drive. Get sober Franta" I said to him.

Connors POV

I smiled and walked. She was so nice. Why would I think something so ratchet?

"Wait. I need to take a selfie" I said to her. This was a special moment.

She smiled. It was great. A picture of us looking at each other. I captioned it,

"Here's to the girlfriend who always makes you smile, a smile which lightens my face. Here's to my bestfriend. 💕" I said tagging her. She smiled.

Wow. She can drive.
I was cracking jokes all the time. So funny. She was laughing and it was adorable. I couldn't stop staring at her.

Maybe I don't deserve such a nice girlfriend.

"Bethany wait" I said