Four | Disappointment

Is everyone getting the notifications?
_________________

ALAMEA

I was scared to open my eyes, afraid that might find myself at the same place with those two men again.

A loud thump sounded and I cautiously opened my eyes, zeroing in on the back of a man punching the wall.

I blinked a couple of times to clear my vision and realised I was in a hotel room.

Armano.

I could see the side of his face, his clenched jaw as he drove his fist into the wall once again, his knuckles bruised.

"Fuck." He sounded pissed as he mumbled to himself, whirling towards me and pausing abruptly when he saw me awake.

Anger melted away from his face, replaced by sadness, eyes rimmed red. "Mea", he whispered.

A lump formed in my throat, eyes burning with tears and I forced a smile onto my face. "M-Mano."

He walked closer to me, dropping to a crouch beside where I lay.

A sob escaped my mouth followed by tears and his own eyes glistened.

He took my hand in his, holding it against his cheek. "I promise to make them suffer."

"I'm sorry..." I croaked.

His brows pulled together. "What the hell are you sorry for?"

"I am such a disappointment." I cried. "I couldn't even save myself...even with all the training..."

He shook his head, squeezing my hand. "What the fuck? No."

"Please don't tell anyone...not even my parents...please..."

"Mea, that's ridiculous. It's not your fault. Your training isn't even complete yet."

I felt so disgusted with myself. So disappointed. What would the others think?

"No...just don't tell anyone..."

He didn't look convinced making me beg, "Please, Armano. Promise not to tell it to anyone. Please?"

"Fine, I won't. But you are not a disappointment. None of this is your fault. First, promise me that you will stop thinking that way."

I didn't say anything, tears flowing down my cheeks.

He sighed softly and wiped away my tears, his jaw clenching. "Did they..." He trailed off.

I knew what he was asking and I shuddered at the memory, slowly shaking my head. "They...groped me...and...shoved a...gun inside me..."

His face twisted with fury and he nodded curtly. "I had to...dress you up. There was some blood on your...inner thighs."

Surprisingly, I didn't feel disgusted by the fact that he saw me naked and probably touched me to dress me up. I trusted him. "Oh."

"That man..." I said after a pause, "...who saved me...?"

"His name's Ralph. He works for us. I have asked him to keep those two alive for now. I will deal with them later."

I nodded.

He got up, watching me softly. "Do you want to stay here for a while or should we go back?"

I didn't want to face anyone yet. Staying here was nice. "Stay. If you want...you can go back--"

"I'm staying." He stated. "I am not leaving you alone."