Bonus Chapter | Five

Remember those two chapters that I first published for them, like in between Armano's story where the first one was about them getting to know about each other's feelings and then Ada getting engaged. And the second one was about that trip where Zaire asks her to break up with Jake and tells her that he loves her.

Yeah, after the last chapter, those two chapters happen and then there's this one.

Also, please comment 🥹
___________________

ZAIRE

I always believed in love, grew up fantasizing about it, was open to it but no one made me fall in love until her.

And no one fucking told me that it would hurt like a bitch.

The days I spent hoping that Ada would feel something for me were nothing in comparison to the agony I went through knowing that Ada reciprocated my feelings but was not brave enough to give us a chance.

She was so close yet so fucking far.

But the pain I went through didn't make me a hateful person, no, on the other hand, I wanted others to get their happily ever after at least.

And by others, I meant Armano and Alamea.

Those two have something going on, I suspected that much when we were on that trip. The way Armano sometimes gazed at her, the longing in his eyes was similar to mine.

But unlike me, he was too stubborn to accept it and so was Mea.

Her stupid decision of marrying a stranger was incomprehensible to me even though I was far more intelligent than the others.

I loved Mea, she was the little sister I never had. And I would say I loved that fucker Armano too even though he was a pain in my ass.

Armano was suffering because of his stubborness. The same stubborness that ran in my Ada.

If only she would give me a chance.

I was in pain but I wasn't giving up on her because I was as stubborn as her and one day, she will realise that no matter how much she tries, she can never escape me.

The elevators dinged as its doors slid open and I stepped out, heading straight for the small office outside the CEO's (who happened to be Celestine).

Ada worked as a personal assistant and I needed her help.

Fine. I could have done this without her even but why would I leave a chance to see her?

It was lunch time and I pushed open the door to her office as silently as possible.

She was hunched over her desk, back towards the door as she shoved her phone and wallet inside her handbag and then turned around--

A scream left her mouth making me flinch as she stumbled back against the desk.

"What the fuck?!" She breathed heavily. "You could have knocked! Did you want me to have a heart attack?"

She looked genuinely scared and I felt guilty as I mumbled, "Sorry."

She shook her head in exasperation before hiking her handbag over her shoulder.

My eyes roamed her face, taking in her every feature and put my hands inside my pockets to resist the urge to grab her.

I cleared away those thoughts and found her looking at me in a similar manner, eyes soft and cheeks flushed.

I bit back a smirk.