Twenty-Eight | Only Mine

Enjoy 😏
Also, lots of comments.
___________________

ALAMEA

What the fuck am I doing? Getting engaged?

I can't believe this.

I was nervous as fuck as I sat down opposite to my future finace, named Charles Nova. He looked sweet and no more interested than me in this marriage.

The dining table was full as everyone took their seats. My parents, uncles, aunts. My future in-laws.

Cel, Arnaud, Ada, Kian, Lenore and Zayden. The only persons missing was Zaire and...Armano.

I haven't seen him since morning. He seems to have disappeared.

Before the dinner started, Dad and Uncles talked about this arrangement among themselves, discussing the pros and cons.

There was tension at the table especially from Dad and Uncle Marcelo as they discussed everything with my future in-laws. The Novas.

Nervousness made me feel nauseated and wiped my sweaty palms on my thighs.

I can't do this. I can't marry someone else when my heart belongs to him. I just can't.

This was so fucking stupid of me.

I shouldn't have agreed to this.

Too late now.

Where's Mano? I looked around searching for him. He looked so hurt when I told him to leave me alone.

Tears pricked my eyes and I quickly blinked them away.

I had to think of something, maybe I can excuse myself saying I need to use the washroom and then I can run away...

No, something else--

The shattering of a glass echoed through the dining room causing everyone to quieten, all head snapping towards the sound.

Kian sat at the end of the table, hand suspended in the air as his glass fell and shattered on the floor at his feet.

He simply pushed back his chair and bent down to grab the pieces.

"Leave it", Aunty Lili told him, "don't pick it up, you might--"

Kian let out a wince and my eyes widened as he lifted his hand up, a piece of glass embedded in his palm, blood flowing down.

Everyone looked worried and Aunty shot to her feet, coming over to him and inspecting the wound.

Ada all of a sudden stood up, eyes fixed on the blood and her eyes rolled back dramatically as she murmured, "So much blood." And she started to fall backwards.

As if he already knew, Zayden was quick to get up and grab her before she fell.

What is going on? Ada seemed to be...pretending. Her eyes were slightly open as she glanced around before closing them again.

Aunty Lili dragged Kian away so she could treat his wound.

Arnaud abruptly stood up, glancing around at everyone. "Now that everyone is present here, I have an announcement. I am gay."

Pin drop silence fell around the room, everyone's jaw dropped including mine.

Celestine gasped, placing her palm over her heart. "How could you? I am your wife! You have a son!"

Arnaud's cheeks flushed and since I sat near him, I could hear him curse underneath his breath, "Why the fuck did I agree to do this?"

Do what?