Bonus Chapter | One

I had to write a few more chapters on Zaire and Ada, these two deserve them.
These are just bonus chapters so there will be time jumps between them usually and they will be fast paced.
But they are fun.

According to the timeline of this book, this chapter happens around two years back.
________________________

ZAIRE

"You sure you will be able to handle it?" Armano teased Zayden and I.

I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of the champagne.

Dad finally stepped down from the position of the CEO, passing it down to us at the age of twenty-seven.

Our family loves to find a reason to get together hence, a small party held at one of the banquet halls, comprising of the family members and the close friends.

"Worry about yourself", Zayden said. "We are much more intelligent than you."

"Please."

Kian, as always, stayed silent, looking least interested in our conversation.

My eyes fell down to Zayden's wrist as he lifted the glass to his mouth, a brand new watch clasped to it.

"When did you get that?" I asked him, gesturing to the watch.

He glanced at it. "Ada gave it to me a couple of minutes ago, saying it was a gift."

"Oh..." She didn't give me a gift. Why the hell not? She couldn't have forgotten about me.

On that note, I realised I hardly saw her today making me glance around in search of her.

Among all my cousins, I find her the most innocent and adorable. No offense to the others but for some reason, I have always had a soft spot for her.

I am close with them all but she can be so fucking adorable at times.

A small smile crept upon my lips at her thought. What the fuck am I doing? Smiling while thinking about her, that's just fucking weird.

"Oh, look, your girlfriend is here." Armano smirked, gesturing to the woman making her way towards me.

"She's my date for today, not my girlfriend." I corrected him.

"Or more like your fuck for tonight."

I shrugged just as Cindy came to stand beside me, sliding her arm around mine, fluttering her eyelashes at me. "Let's get out of here."

I would have been up for that offer but I was in no mood to leave just now, not until I met Ada.

"Not now."

She scowled as if I snatched away her toy and irritation bloomed inside me. Why the hell did I even bring her along?

Zayden has a long term girlfriend, someone he loves while I have no one such special hence I also wanted to bring someone along.

But now I regret it. For the past few hours, she has only given me a headache.

"Excuse me", I muttered, pulling my hand free from her and walking away.

I gulped down the remaining champagne and placed the glass away.

Towards the back of the hall was the balcony and I made my way over to it for some fresh air.

To my surprise, I found Ada leaning against the balcony railing, talking with a man who was one of our guests.

For some reason, I lingered back, out of their sights as I watched them interact.